Chapter 9- Coffee Date

The next day after school, Tadashi invited you to have coffee at the cafe under his house. He said his aunt owned the cafe, and he worked sometimes, so he got free treats in return. A woman with short brown hair and green eyes bounded over to you two.

"Hey, Tadashi! How was school?"

"Great! Aunt Cass, this is (y/n)."

"Oh! (Y/n)! Isn't she the girl you saved from that car accident? Wow. She's even prettier in person!"

Tadashi's eyes widened, and he told his aunt with his eyes to go get them something to drink.

"Oh! Okay! Well, I'm going to fetch you too some coffee, (y/n), you have any preferences?"

"Actually, a (favorite coffee/hot drink) would be lovely, thanks."

"Ah! So polite!" She said, nudging her nephew in the arm suggestively. "Coming right up! Oh, nice to meet you by the way!" She smiled, and winked at Tadashi, before disappearing behind the counter.

"Nice to meet you too!" You called.

The two of you looked at each other for a few awkward seconds.

"Uh, let's sit down, shall we?" He asked.

You nodded, and you barely noticed when he took your hand, guiding you to a table by the window. You sat down across from him, propping yourself up on your elbow. He smiled, and you did too. You talked about the same things you always talked about. Soon, Aunt Cass came with your drinks, the aromas mixing in your nose. The (f/d) was really good; Aunt Cass had outdone herself. You were enjoying yourself immensely when you were around Tadashi. It always felt right. It was so easy to talk to him. He's perfect.

As you finished your mugs, Tadashi talked about his little brother, Hiro. Your face scrunched up at the mention of someone as young as him participating in illegal bot fights. You had always believed in sound science, and using your robotic brilliance for good. Tadashi did as well, and he seemed exasperated that he couldn't find a way to get Hiro away from fights.

"Hmmmm." You thought. "Hey, maybe you should bring him to see SFIT. He would love it so much that he'd wanna go to school there instead of going to bot fights."

He thought for a moment, greatly pondering your proposal.

"That's not a bad idea!"

You smirked. You watched as his hand moved across the table, and touched the hand that was resting next to your mug. You laced your fingers with his, holding his hand tightly. Could he be the one? You thought so.

Hey everyone. So this story is about to hit 1K views!!! What!?!? Thank you so much for all the reads, comments, and votes. I love you all very much. 😘 I'm so grateful for your support. I'm not planning on ending this soon, so look forward to more!!!

-Frozenfan19