Chapter 11- Hover

About two long weeks later, you were making the final adjustments on your hoverboard, and you had to admit, it looked pretty cool. While deactivated, it looked like a flat, skateboard shaped piece of carbon fiber. But it was much more. At the word "up", the board lit up, and hovered a few inches off the ground. You made sure it wasn't wobbly when you stepped on to ride, so it was nice and stable. Once boarded the board would rise to about one foot high. The board ran on a rechargeable lithium ion battery, at the suggestion of Tadashi. You integrated many different ways to steer the board while riding. Leaning gently to he left or right was enough to turn ninety degrees in the desired direction. To accelerate, which could exceed sixty five miles per hour, leaning forward a little did the trick. To activate the brakes, touch a foot to the back end of the board.

You decided a cruising feature would be nice, so by saying "cruise" the board will move at a constant and safe speed of twenty miles per hour. Another cool perk of the board was route data saving. You could save a frequently traveled route, for example from home to SFIT and back into the board to be used later with the cruise feature.
Finally, when you decided that your project was complete, you called Tadashi into your room.

"Here it is!" You watched as Tadashi's eyes widened at the sight of your impressive creation.

"Wow. I have to admit, (y/n) this is the coolest thing I've ever seen. So how do you...um...work it?" You showed him all the controls, and he nodded occasionally.

"And it's even got a lithium ion battery!" You piped, smiling a cute grin.

"Great choice. This is a truly amazing piece of tech, (y/n). I'm sure you'll get an A.

"Thanks. You...wanna take it for a spin?"

He chuckled, taking ahold of one of your hands.

"Sounds like fun. I think Go Go would love this too." You smiled at the idea of your black haired, adventurous friend speeding around San Fransokyo on this thing. As soon as you two were outside, you placed the board on the ground, and commanded it to activate, Tadashi slowly stepped on, and yelped when the board rose to its hovering altitude.

He leaned forward on the board, and he sped off, getting a hang on the steering maneuvers pretty quickly. You cheered while you watched your project work perfectly. After a few minutes, he stopped the board in front of you, and hopped off. Before you could ask him how the ride was, he got his arms around your waist, pulled you a bit, and pressed his lips firmly into yours. You kissed back, how could you not? After a good seven or eight seconds, he pulled back, and touched his nose to yours.

"I told you,"

"Told me what?"

"Your project would be great."

"Thanks, uh... Thanks for not giving up on me."

"I will never ever give up on you, (y/n)."

"Uh huh." You smirked. "Why's that?" You asked in a cute voice.

He took a deep breath before speaking.

"Because... I love you, (y/n)."

You smiled.

"I love you too." You replied, pecking his lips.

He smiled back at you; that smile you could never get out of your head.

He let you go for a minute, so you could pick up your hoverboard, but threw an arm around you, and the two of you walked inside. You could swear you heard your heart beating out of your chest, and wondered if Tadashi could hear it too.

I bet you're wondering, "Frozenfan19, where the heck is Hiro?!?" Well, I'm glad you asked, my dear reader, because in the next chapter, everyone's favorite gummy bear loving, messy haired hero is going to visit you and the gang at the nerd lab!

I'm so happy to announce that this story hit 1K reads a few days ago, and it keeps going up every day. Thank you so so so so much! If I had one super power right now, it would be to reach right through whatever screen you're looking at and give you a big hug!! 😘❤️

-Frozenfan19