chapter twenty four

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𖣔༄the tempting feeling of a tragic romance

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𖣔༄
the tempting feeling of a tragic romance

Song of the chapter
Young and Beautiful by Lana del Rey (Cover by Vitamin String Quartet)
_______•_______

Dances. The word was well known. There was the simple fact that her life in every moment had been constituted by them lately. For this reason, she no longer found the idea sufficiently tempting and did not have the spirit of emotion.

"As promised, today we'll be practicing for the county fair-dance" announced Miss Stacy to what Bella just grunted in clear disgust, "Mr and Mrs Lynde have kindly consented to help us in this endeavour"

Bella closed her eyelids tightly, "Let the earth swallow me up"

Gilbert gave her gentle nudge from his side, "Why the predominant lack of emotion?"

Bella forced a disgusted smile, "I'll ask you a similar question, why that sudden birth of burning emotion?"

Gilbert shrugged it off, "It's a good day."

"Of course. I would think that it is because it is highly convenient for you," she argued as she executed a long sigh of exhaustion, "On the other hand, I could not be more tired of this particular activity"

Gilbert raised an eyebrow in a clear suspicion and a hint of fun that highlighted the view, "It's because here is not Miller Nightfall, is a clear fact"

"Of course not," she contradicted him with a strong position of opposing his thinking, "I may have many other varied reasons, to differ with your thinking"

"I feel the need to found a fan club for your match. I think many of your friends were already tempted to do so, but they are afraid of your fiery character. On the other hand, I don't," Gilbert declared with shameless pride, "Someday I'll see the boat of the dreams that your particular match turns to be"

Bella directed an accusing finger in his direction, "Dare it and lose a finger, I swear. You may doubt my limb-cutting skills, but I swear I've had my methods to keep them up at all time"

"Something awful," he admitted, but seemed not to give it much thought. "But not as scary as you think.

At the moment he mentioned it, the door of the small white house opened to reveal the exterior light that was like a pale ray of white morning light and with that glow, a series of figures in a motivated row emerged.

"Since the Dashing White Sergeant needs a set of six," Mrs Lynde explained the reason of the visit of those new participants, "I thought we'd better do so"