chapter fifteen

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𖣔༄love is a tricky thing, isnt it?______•______

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𖣔༄
love is a tricky thing, isnt it?
______•______

"Miller, this is absurd"

"Shhh" he shuts her up by putting a finger on her lips, "Just wait. It happens every day, I promise"

The touch of her lips and the soft skin of his index finger was embossed forever. It was a slight touch but her heart took it so seriously that it looked totally absurd. She just tried hard to get that idea out of her mind.

Miller and Bella looked through the window behind the thin silk curtains in the living room to the outside. Her eyes examined the path that lead to the house, waiting for the remarkable moment Miller so acclaimed but nothing happened until that instant.
Bella was beginning to believe that everything Miller had worked hard to describe in detail was just a figment of his imagination. That would have sounded less absurd.

"Alright, that's enough. I'm tired..."

"No, look. There it is"'Miller pulled Bella's arm and forced her to look outward.

The road was still slightly snowy although the green of the grass was starting to show a little more and more. The languid shrubs covered by that platinum frost gave the scene some unique magic. Through him, a couple was slowly approaching the house. A man of distinguished complexion, hazelnut hairs that slipped under his hat and of considerable height accompanied a distinguished young woman in pompous dress and brown hair, towards the entrance of the large main house of the residence.

"It can't be"'Bella and Miller ran to the next window for a better view, "Go away Miller, your head covers me all"

The two kids came to the window to observe the scene that was exposed to them.

"It's my sister" Bella inquired with surprise.

"And Mr. Scott"'Miller completed, looking back at Bella.

Mr. Scott, Miller's instructor, spoke to Violet for a moment until their conversation came to an end. The man kissed the knuckles of he sister's thin gloved hand, bowed his hat slightly in farewell and retreated by the same path. Violet turned her gaze to the man until he had finally disappeared through the abundant vegetation of Springfield's garden. A flirtatious smile still inhabited her face.

"It happens every day, I've been watching them" Miller added, "Mr. Scott accompanies Violet home every day after her cello classes in Carmondy. Lately she has allowed him to kiss her hand, which she flatly refused before"

Bella looked at him with an angry face, "As it should be. This is inappropriate. Let them go there, alone, no chaperone. Mr. Scott is exceeding himself"