Chapter 14

"DAD".

I run to my dads side.

"Cameron call 9-1-1 now".

My mom comes running over and everything seems to be happening so fast. Just one second he was fine and the next he is out cold.

"mom grab him a blanket. He is freezing".

My mom grabs a blanket and puts it over top of him.

"Cameron did you call 9-1-1 yet".

"yea they are on their way right now".

"good stand outside and wait for them".

"yea I will".

"ok".

"Dad hang in there ok".

My mom is trying to find a pulse but she cant.

"I should have taken the first aid coarse a year ago".

"who cares about that right now mom".

" I DO. You know what I do".

I let some tears drip down my face and plop down onto the carpet. I've never seen my dad like this he has always been healthy and happy.

WEE-WOO WEE-WOO WEE-WOO

The next thing I know Cameron is running in with two paramedics and one of them is wheeling in a stretcher.

They lift my dad up onto the stretcher and wheel him away. My mom is following them out onto the driveway and into the ambulance.

"Cameron we need to go to the hospital right now".

"ok let's get into the car".

We walk to the car and drive to the hospital. I hate hospitals because there is always sick people or people covered in blood.

"Cameron".

"yea what".

"do you think my dad will be ok".

"yea I think he will be just fine".

"I am so worried this has never happened to him ever. I just hope he will be just fine".

We are doing about one hundred and ten kilometers a hour in a eighty zone.

"Cameron stop speeding your going to get a ticket".

"I don't care about a fricken ticket! Your dad is way more important then that to both of us".

"well just be careful. I don't want to end up in the hospital from a car accident".

"honey we wont".

"whatever you say. I won't be paying the ticket".

"I know I will".

Finally we pull up to the emergency and I run out of the car and run inside.

I walk up to the front desk.

"um is Mr.Fisher in here yet".

"yes why".

"I am his daughter and I need to see him now".

"well his wife which is probably your mother is waiting right over there".

She points to a room and I walk inside and see my mom sitting down in the waiting room.

"hello mom".

"oh my gosh Holly you came".

"yea why wouldn't I come. Is dad ok".

"yea I think so but they are running some more tests and we won't be able to see him until two o'clock".

"oh so a two hour wait fun".

"yea I know".

"do you know what happened to him".

"no they said he might of had a heart attack or a stroke".

"that's not good. He has always been so healthy why would it happen to him.".

"I don't know honey but he should be just fine".

"that's good".

"Hey guys do you want something to eat". Cameron asks.

"umm sure do you want anything mom".

"yea sure I'll come with you".

We walk downstairs into the hospital cafeteria. Cameron and I order a pizza and two mug root-beers. We go sit down at the cleanest table that we could find.

I sit down and burst into tears.

"Holly it's ok he will be alright".

"but what if he is not Cameron, what if he has cancer or had a major heart attack".

"I know many things could of happened but he will be fine".

"you don't know that".

I burry my face into Cameron's chest and let all of the tears flow out of me. When we are done eating we take the elevator back upstairs.

We sit down for only two minutes when the call my moms name. She jumps up and says "yes".

"you guys can go visit him now".

"yay". I jump up and follow the nurse and my mom into my dads room.

"do you know what happened to him".

"umm yes we do and there is some good news and some bad".

I feel more and more tears running down my face.

"well I guess what's the good news".

"he is extremely lucky he is still alive".

I can hear my mom bursting into tears and I look up at Cameron. He looks like he was crying.

"whats the bad news".

"well it turns out when we did a CT scan it seems that you dad had a clot in his brain and caused lack of blood flow and-".

"AND WHAT".

"your father has a brain tumor".

"A WHAT!".