Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Shop Till We Drop

"c'mon Cameron hurry up".

"I'm coming I'm coming. What's the rush holly".

"I don't know I'm just so excited".

"for what shopping, the baby or shopping for the baby".

"all of the above".

"well then let's go".

"where too".

"ummm I don't know your the one who always shops".

"well I guess we can start off at Babies-R-Us and then go to Gap".

"ok sounds good".

We walk over to Babies-R-Us and every where I look almost everyone has a stroller. That will be me soon!

"so what are we looking for Hol".

"umm a stroller, crib, blankets, diapers, bottles, clothes, bibs and more".

"ok let's go look at strollers".

We walk around and make it to the stroller isle.

"holy crap that's a lot of strollers have fun choosing one".

"I'm not choosing alone your helping me".

"ok".

"I like this brown one".

"same here".

"Cam are you just saying that".

"no I really like it".

"ok well we will get that one then".

I lost Cameron somewhere near the crib section so now I have to go find diapers, blankets and clothes and everything else all by myself.

I walk down the isle and find some diapers so I grab three boxes and put them in the bottom of the cart.

I found a pack of two bottles for five dollars so I grabbed two packs of those. I heard Cameron saying Holly where are you.

I pushed the cart around to the crib isle and I saw Cameron pointing at a crib.

"I think we should get this one".

"why that one".

"because I like it".

"but what about this one it's bigger".

"does size matter".

"yea what about when they are like one and really big then we would have to buy a whole new crib".

"ok well that makes sense lets get that one".

I found some blankets at the end of the crib isle so I grab a white, pink and blue one.

"oh I forgot the baby needs a change-table".

"oh yea I found on that I think is good it's over here".

Cameron leads me down a isle and shows me a beautiful dark mahogany wood and I say I like that one.

"good that's the one I like too".

"well then we will get it".

About two hours later Cameron and I are done shopping for now. Just from Babies-R-Us the bill was over three thousand dollars and that isn't all of the stuff we need yet.

We hop in the car and manage to fit everything in.

"Cameron can I ask you something".

"yea anything".

"would you rather have a boy or girl".

"well umm I don't know as long as the are healthy it doesn't really matter to me, why what do you want".

"I don't know any gender is fine with me".

We pull up at our house and Cameron unloads the car. Cameron puts all of the baby things into the old office which he moved into the basement.

I walk into the room and look it trying to think of a design. I grab a piece of paper and start to sketch out a idea of the room.

I have the crib in the right corner and a rocking chair in the left. On the bottom right in the corner

I have the change table and bottom left I have a play space.

Cameron come walking in the room.

He say "what are you doing babe" as he sits down besides me.

"trying to figure out a plan for the babies room".

"oh that sounds like fun".

"yea loads of fun".

"what colors do you want to paint the room".

"well I was thinking have three walls a bright green and the other I don't know have any ideas".

"well what about yellow".

"yea yellow would look good with green".

"totally".

"I guess I'll go make some supper now".

"ok I'll be working on the office downstairs".

"okay".

I walk into the kitchen and pull out a pot and start to boil some water. I grab a box of spaghetti noodles and dump them into to pot.

I pull out another pot and make some spaghetti sauce. When the noodles are done I dump them into a strainer and let the water drain.

I grab my spoon and scoop some noodles onto mine and Cameron's plates.

I walk down the stairs into the basement. I enter the office and I see Cameron working in the computer.

"hey honey suppers ready".

"ok I'll be upstairs in a minute".

I walk back up the stairs, grab my plate and sit down at the table. I hear Cameron walking up the stairs. He washes his hands and comes and sits next to me.

"so what about tomorrow".