-Chapter Two-

|Chapter Two - Pretend|

「𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚘𝚟」

A gasp would've been heard if anyone was awake.

The orange haired girl sat up abruptly as she panted, sweat running down her face as her eyes were wide open. She looked terrified. It was still dark out.

You could see the bags under her eyes.
She looked around and saw everyone was still sleeping. "C-Conny.... Tanji.. Nezu... Don.... Gilda...." She muttered to herself as she trembled. She got up and left the room after changing into her Tracksuit and walked out. She sat on the roof of the Familiar Estate.

She held her knees close to her chest as she looked at the sky with her emotionless eyes.

'If I remember correctly.... This is where I met Tanji.....' She thought as she remembered the day she saw him sitting on the rooftop meditating. She found him Interesting and wondered what he was doing, so she had jumped up and it started him.

After they talked for a while, they both realized they had much in common. Tanjiro knew Emma was kinder than him, and had even told her she was a bit too naive. She just giggled because she knew he was the same as her. Naive.

She sighed as she inhaled and exhaled.

"I wish I could turn back time...." She muttered to herself as she stared at the sky. She noticed it was around 3am due to where the moon was located.

"I see you're still awake, Emma-san." She heard the Familiar voice. She Looked down and saw Urokodaki. "Please don't call me that, Oji-san. I go by Hinata Shōyō now. Emma is now a name of the past." Hinata, Formerly known as Emma, said with a smile.

"Very well then, Hinata-san. It's been a while hasn't it." Urokodaki said as Emma jumped down from the roof and stood beside him.

"Hai! I can't believe it's been over 3 years." Emma said with a grin. Urokodaki nodded and smiled a bit behind his Mask. "Indeed." He said.

"I see you've dyed your hair completely orange and wear brown eye contacts. The only one who almost looks the same is Ray. Why the change?" Urokodaki asked the girl.

"I just wanted to. There's no reason." Emma replied.

Lie.

There was a reason. She changed her appearance as a way to start a new life, again.

"I see... I noticed you look thinner than you used to. What's the problem? Is Uzui-san not feeding you well?" Urokodaki questioned. He was worried. He knew her well and noticed that her smell was different. He could smell it off of her due to his sharpened sense of smell.

"He's been feeding me well. I get tons of food everyday, no need to worry, Oji-san." Emma reassured.

Lie.

"I see then. I see you've changed greatly." He stated. Emma tilted her head. "Have I?" She questioned. The man nodded.

"But, You still smell Kind... I can smell the negativity off of you every time you're around the others, what's wrong?" Urokodaki asked. The girl flinched a bit.

"What's wrong eh...." She muttered.

No one's asked her that in over three years. She couldn't help but fell saddened. Before she could reply someone called out to Urokodaki.

"Urokodaki-san!'' A familiar voice exclaimed.

Emma decided to just leave.

-Later-

Hinata looked more focused on the game than usual.

She received or bumped every ball that came her way. Others noticed she wasn't holding anything back and was extra full of stamina, but they also noticed something else.

She didn't smile, nor did she give any motivation or say any motivational words.

"Hey Red, you good?" Coach Ukai asked.

Right now they were having watermelon as a snack and everyone was eating outside.

And she sat alone, something that rarely ever happened, but one again, no one paid mind. She flinched a but before looking up at him with a grin.

"Yup! Why wouldn't I be good? I mean I scored so much points today." She said with a close eyed smile. His eyes narrowed.

Everyone around there just smiled, talking to each other, not minding the two.

"No one seems to notice, but you became more distant since we came here. Slowly and slowly, you haven't made contact with anyone. You've become less and less quiet." Ukai stated.

She seemed to be surprised.

'Maybe... Maybe he's different than teachers before.... He's kinda like him...' She thought sadly.

"What's wrong is-" She was cut off by Takeda-sensei. "Ukai-san, Washijō-san wants to speak with you." He said with a smile.

Coach Ukai looked at Emma once more. "We'll talk about this later." He stayed before walking away.

She smiled for a bit, before returning to her usual blunt face.

'Coach Ukai is just like him....' She thought sadly.

'We miss you, Korosensei....'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.