Chapter o17

Harry groaned and rolled over, expecting to find Dakota. Instead her side of the bed was empty. Frowning, he got up and walked over to the door that was half open and heard the TV playing from downstairs. She must have gotten up already, she was the only one who would have been able to turn the TV on. Then he smelled food. Instantly he was walking down the stairs, passing through the living room. He stopped to give Amelia a kiss on the head, before walking quietly into the kitchen.

Dakota was busy cooking for what seemed to be an army. Then he remembered that today was the day the interviewer came with the cameras and all. He wasn't sure who it was, but frankly, he didn't really care at this point in time, he would find out when they arrived no doubt. The boys were supposed to come over later, along with Atti and Natalia. Harry wasn't exactly sure what had happened to Maddi and Dani, but Dakota had mentioned them having Visa problems. Then again, she wasn't entirely sure of what was happening either.

Harry walked over and leant on the counter, yawning, "G'morning, love."

She looked over and smiled, chuckling, "Good morning. You know you could have kept sleeping. I would have woken you up once everything was done."

He grinned and walked over next to her, stealing a piece of bacon and answered with a mouth full of pig meat, "Nah, better I'm awake now. Want me to get the twins?" Dakota smiled and nodded, then swatted his hand as he tried to grab another piece of bacon. He stuck his tongue out then kissed her on the cheek, turning to leave the kitchen. Suddenly, he turned in the doorway and told her, "I love you, Dakota."

Looking up from the stove, she smiled a smile that made his heart race, and she replied softly, "I love you too Harry."

#

She still couldn't believe it. The interview they had had last week was published, and in it, well, she couldn't believe what they did. The woman had been so nice, how could she twist their words like that, and lie?! Half of what the interview said they said was a lie, and the narrative portion of it was just cruel. Saying that Dakota was just in it for money, that she was a bitch, that Harry deserved better. 

Harry had been furious over the article, and he was at Syco with the boys right then. Simon was even upset over this. But none of that changed the fact that Dakota was sobbing in their room, Amelia and the twins staying Cheshire while the whole debacle was being dealt with, seeing as the paparazzi had been swarming like flies since the interview came out. And Dakota didn't want her children harassed.

The door opened and Dakota looked up from the pillow she had been hugging to see Harry. He looked exhausted and agitated, coming straight over and hugging her tightly. The nineteen year old hugged him back and mumbled out, "What happened?"

As Harry pulled away, he looked at his wife. She had been crying and was obviously sleep-deprived and exhausted, but she still looked beautiful to him. He hated that the journalist had taken their words and twisted them, even writing things that had never left their mouthes. They had been nothing but polite and kind to her, invited her into their home, shown her what the public didn't get to see. But more than that, he hated how it had affected to Dakota. She was a beautiful, kind, honest, strong woman who had gone through hell and back. All he wanted was to give her the life she deserved. Instead, he had put in her the line of fire for this… monster.

He pressed a kiss to her forehead and told her, "The tabloid is being sued for slander and a bunch of other things. That celebrity news show, they did their entire show on how the article was a lie. The boys and I were on for a few minutes. I checked twitter, and everyone is being very supportive."

After a moment of silence, Harry looked down and saw Dakota was sleeping, finally. He smiled and carefully laid her back, pulling the comforter over her. It was the first time she had actually slept in the past two days, since the article had come out. Harry smoothed down her hair and pressed his lips to the side of her head before slipping out of the room, flicking the lights off as he left. 

His phone rang as he was walking down the stairs. A look at the screen showed it was his mum. He quickly slid it over to answer and brought it up to his ear. But he didn't get a word out as his mum rambled frantically, "Honey, I've been trying to get a hold of Dakota, but she won't answer. Is she alright? She's not injured is she?"

Harry smiled faintly. It was just like his mother to be concerned. He reassured her that Dakota was fine, was finally asleep, and that he would call her later with an update, but he had to go. As he ended the call, Harry passed the living room, the landline ringing as if on cue.

He frowned, but backtracked and picked up the landline, answering, “Hello?”

#

Running a hand through his hair, Harry leant on the door frame, watching his daughter sleep. Amelia had no idea her world was being turned about as she dreamt of things all little girls should. Dakota was pacing nervously in the kitchen while Atti tried calming her down, and Harry couldn’t watch it. So he had done what any- actually he had just slipped upstairs, worried that Amelia would wake up.

Of course, the little girl hadn’t she was a rock when asleep. After watching her a little longer, Harry went over to check on the twins, who were also sound asleep, then back to the kitchen where Dakota was finally sitting down. She glanced up as he entered and told him, “It’s a match.”

Just like that, and their world was upended again. Dakota was in shock. How could this be real? Two people, two genuinely decent people, who had been in Africa doing good, had come forwards after seeing a bit of TMZ in the airport. They claimed to be her parents, that they had been told she had been dead at five months after she had had an asthma attack.

But the woman, Georgia Clements, swore that that was her child, she would recognize those silver eyes anywhere, those were her baby girl’s. The hospital had run DNA tests… and Robert and Georgia Clements, two pure hearted people humanitarians, were her biological parents. 

They were on their way over actually. Whether or not the test said they were or weren’t her parents, she needed to meet these people. Because either way, they were changing her life, by starting an awful rumor she wanted to squash before it saw the light of day, or finding her family for the first time. In three hours time, she would meet her parents.

And she couldn’t be more afraid of being seen as the broken human she always thought she was.

a/n: sorry it sucks..... family crisis and shit.... the storry will resume and end soon....