Chapter o5

Harry closed the door again and walked into the kitchen, putting the cereal in a cupboard. He grabbed the milk and juice and stuck them in the fridge, which he noted was completely empty. He’d have to do something about that. Before he could do anything more, he heard those tiny footsteps and looked to see a very sleepy Amelia coming towards him, rubbing her eyes and dragging a blanket with her. He felt himself break into a bright smile and greeted her, “Someone’s up early.”

Amelia looked up and seemed to instantly wake-up, running the best she could over to him. He crouched down and let her jump into him, and he hugged her as she clung to him, giggling, “We going have lots fun today!”

Perching her on his hip, Harry gave her a smile and confirmed, “We are going to have lots and lots of fun today! Now, would you like to get ready and then eat, or would you like to eat first, princess?” She giggled again, and Harry couldn’t help but love the small child even more.

#

Dakota tapped her fingers on the counter of the little coffee shop, watching the clock impatiently. A blonde girl who was behind it with her laughed, and teased her friend, “Staring at the clock isn’t gonna make it go any faster, sweetheart.” Dakota huffed and straightened up, just glaring at her friend.

Atticus, or Atti, was probably the only person in the world that Dakota would call a best friend. She knew her past and didn’t care. She had already explained the situation with Harry to the blonde uni student. Atti continued watching her friend with a questioning look, so Dakota told the American, “I don’t know why I’m so anxious. I just wanna see h- them.”

Atti raised an eyebrow and scoffed, “Oh, come on sweetie, this guy sounds perfect. Admit it, you want to see him.”

“I want to see Amelia, and Harry as well. Atti, I-”

“I know, I know. Look, honey, he likes you. I am never wrong about these things. And I know you won’t do a damn thing about it, so let him. Don’t shut down and push him away. He wants to get to know you, so let him! It really isn’t that complicated,” the blonde ranted. Dakota sighed and put her hands up in surrender. There was no way that Dakota would win this one. But what if her friend was right? What if Harry did like her?

The bell above the door interrupted her thoughts, and Dakota greeted the new comer, “You’re losing your touch, Danni. I already told Atti my whole dilemma.”

The other American frowned and huffed, “Well, pardon me for wanting to look nice.” Dakota laughed and shook her head, Danni did look nice, as always. Despite being a bit more girly than the average tom-boy, you could always see it. Danni perched herself in a stool and prodded, “Well, go on, tell me the latest news.”

Dakota groaned, not wanting to go through the entire thing again, so Atti intervened, “Well, Amelia made a new friend. He’s eighteen, gorgeous, and adored Amelia. Plus, he’s got money. And our stubborn little Brit here won’t admit she likes him. Oh, and he is totally into her.”

Slapping her coworker in the arm, she grumbled something about Americans being gossips, then busied herself with cleaning the table on the other side of the shop. It gave her a break from her chatty friends, and them the chance to gossip and over exaggerate something. As dragged a rag over a table top, Danni shrieked and yelled from her stool, “Dakota! Why didn’t you tell me his name?!”

Realizing that she would get dragged over there eventually, the single mother walked over and leant on the bar, replying in a exasperated and confused tone, “Because it doesn’t matter? Look, Harry is just being nice, I’m sure he’ll get over-”

“I meant his full name, stupid. Harry STYLES is a very well known member of an incredibly famous band. They are actually really good. One of the few boy bands I like,” Danni was already searching through her iPhone as she spoke.

Atti let out a low whistle and commented, “Damn, talk about ‘Prince Charming’. The last name is riot, though. Styles,” Atti snickered at it, receiving two glares. She ceased her amusment, then looked at the phone Danni shoved towards her. A smug grin spread over Dakota’s friend’s face as she drawled out, “If he wasn’t into you, D, I would totally take him off your hands. Hot damn, he’s sexy!”

Dakota rolled her eyes, just telling them, “He’s good with Amelia, and that’s all that is important. What I want or feel is completely irrelevant.”

#

“It’s my turn to play with Amelia!” Louis ran over and scooped the little girl up, then skipped over to the play structure on the playground.

Natalia looked up and yelled at her boyfriend, “Oi, wait up!” Shoving her phone into her pocket, she muttered to herself, “Bloody tall ass man, with bloody long legs.” She ran after them, though, none the less. Harry chuckled, watching his friends play with Amelia. They loved her, just as much as he did, if that were possible.

Sitting on the bench with Liam, Niall, and Zayn, Harry commented, “Now if only we could get Louis to focus that much on one thing in the studio.” The four laughed as they watched the least mature of them focus completely focused on a game with Amelia. There was a wall with spinning blocks, X’s and O’s on them, and they seemed to be in the middle of a very intense match, Natalia sitting with Amelia in her lap, whispering hints in the child’s ear.

Liam looked over at Harry and mentioned, “You’re going to have to tell her mum, you know.” Harry met his glance and nodded, looking back at Amelia. He knew what the other boy meant. Dakota hadn’t said anything, and at this point, from the way she lived and how she reacted, he pretty much guessed she had no idea who he was. And he needed to tell her, because it would affect her and Amelia if the paparazzi ever saw them together.

Amelia ran over and stretched her arms, which Harry immediately responded to and picked the girl up, standing as he did so. Glancing at his watch, he told his mates, “Dakota’s off soon. I’ll see you guys later.” Amelia waved goodbye to everyone as they left, and wrapped her arms around his neck. The eighteen year old grinned, more excited over something than he had ever been. He couldn’t wait to see Dakota, and get the night started.