Four.

“I don’t want to do this anymore. Let’s turn back. Let’s go back in the car and drive home.” Clapping my hands together, I bite down on my lower lip, looking up at Charley, watching as she shakes her head no, telling me that we’re going through with my stupid plan, a plan that I never should have made. He’s either going to hate that I randomly showed up or be happy that I'm here, and with how things have been going I'm pretty sure he’s not going to be too thrilled with the unexpected visit from his girlfriend.

Charley runs a hand through her hair, sighing softly, because she knows what’s running through my mind, all of the possible outcomes that I should have thought of before I even suggested coming all the way here. “Listen, Dakotah, we’re here, so let’s just enjoy Hollywood. We don’t need him if he doesn’t want to hang out with us, okay?” But, we do need him, or at least I need him, not to live, not anything that extreme, but I would like to have my boyfriend around, at least I would like to talk to him more than I do, that would be nice, to talk to my boyfriend.

It’s not like I don’t try to, I do, a relationship is two people working together, but lately it’s just me working and him slacking off. I'm lost, I have no idea what went wrong, I just, he can’t assume that I know him ignoring me means that we’re not together, if that’s what he’s trying to do, because we had a great conversation a few nights ago, we talked for hours, all I want is closure and if I'm here to get closure or explanations or just to see him, I don’t really know anymore, I don’t know what the true reason for this stupid trip was.

Wesley, he’s, it took a long time for him to open up to me, before we were together, but, then again, it too me longer. He always wanted to be something in the music world, and when he left he promised me that it wouldn’t change anything between us, but it was clearly too big of a promise for him to keep. There are too many things happening around him that have fame written all over it – the girls, the productions, the running from stores, the managements. I can’t make him want to make it work, and maybe I just have to accept that this is the end, the end of us, of our relationship.

In the beginning, we we’re even in the honeymoon stage, there was none, it was just a relationship from the beginning, and I loved that about it, there was no extreme peak that we fell from when things got rough. I thought that was good, I thought it as awesome, it all made sense, it was better that way, things wouldn’t come to a depressing crash when something went wrong for the first time, and now I kind of wish that we had that honeymoon stage in our relationship. “Yeah, but we came here to hang out with him and I just realized that he might be practicing for their performance on Thursday, and that the hotel probably won’t let us just waltz up to his room.”

It’s the truth, I don’t know what room they're staying in or how we’re going to get to the room, not that I expect security guards to be standing outside, near the door to the room, but still, there’s no way for us to know where they are and I can’t just tell the person at the front desk that I'm Wesley’s girlfriend because we’ll get escorted out and people will think I'm lying. This was a doomed plan from the beginning, because no matter what I doubt that it’s going to end the way that I want it to.

All of a sudden, all the two of us can hear are screams, the screams of girls, exciting and anxious screams from girls, and they’re all running towards us, with three guys in the front of the pack, running from them it seems. And in the middle of the three guys is Wesley, he’s wearing one of his hats, because I don’t think that he ever goes out in public without a hat when he’s not surfing, it’s his comfort, wearing a hat in public, he looks amazing in hats.

“Um, well, this is awkward.” The first thing that I saw, I didn’t expect it to be my boyfriend being chased by a decent number of girls, not at all, it’s not what I wanted to see, and now I know why he doesn’t have the time to call me back. “Let’s go back in the car.” But, I don’t turn around to move, I don’t even say anything, I don’t even think that I breathe, because he makes eye contact with me, his brown eyes meeting my green ones, and he skids to a stop, gripping onto Keaton’s arm to stop him as well, and I run a hand through my hair, biting down on my lower lip and forcing a smile to tug at the corners of my lips.

And here comes the bad reaction that I realized was going to come a little too late.