Chapter 36

---Niall's POV---

   It's day 7 of Jess being in a coma. There's 7 flowers and 7 gifts. The doctors say she's doing well after a week. They say she defiantly has a 75% chance of waking up. It's that 25% chance that she won't that terrifies me. I need her more than she could ever know.

I've seen people come and go throughout the week, doctors and nurses leave, then come back when their new shift starts. Most of them comment on how I'm here, day in and day out, smile on my face, singing to Jess.

They ask how I can smile. I tell them that just looking at her makes me smile. She's amazing and I'm so lucky to have her.

Also, I have friends and family supporting me. My family has flown in and the rest of 1D and 5sos have also come. They're all staying in a hotel. I'm a very lucky guy.

My Mom always told me that if I waited for the right girl and didn't waste my time with the wrong ones, then I'd know right away when the right girl came along. And she was right, like always. As soon as I saw Jess I knew she was the one.

Looking at Jess makes me realize all I could've lost and all I have to lose.

Isn't it just amazing how life is one thing and then in an instant it becomes something completely different?

I mean one minute I'm prepping to be a fiancé and the next I'm here, praying for her to live.

It was also the same when I joined 1D. One minute I'm a scared little Irish boy taking a chance and auditioning for the X-Factor and the next thing I know I'm performing at a sold out Madison Square Garden.

It's crazy how quickly life changes. Sometimes it's for the better, other times for the worst.

I'm snapped back to the present when I see a small movement come from Jess. I tighten my grip on her hand. I see her eyelids flutter and she mumbles, "Niall..."

"Oh my god, Jess!"

I press the nurse button on the bed. Not even a second later her eyelids close and her grip weakens.

Tears pour down my cheeks as I realize I'm too late.

She's gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm almost crying even though I know what happens :'(