Chapter 33

---Niall’s POV---

   Fifteen minutes later I hear John and Cassandra enter the room. I look up and see that they have three bags of food. Cassandra hands me one and says, “I know you may not want to eat, but you must.”

I nod and take the bag. Then she pats my shoulder. I dive into the chicken sandwich and Pepsi. In no time I’m done.

Then I turn to Jess. I just want to hold her hand and comfort her and be there for her.

I’m snapped out of my thoughts when Cassandra says, “We’re headed home to try and sleep. We’ll at least be more comfy there than in waiting room chairs. You should go home too.”

“I can’t go home. I’d never be able to sleep while the other half of the bed it empty. I’ll just get a cot and sleep here.”

“No Niall. Just come to our house.”

“Ok. I’ll be there in a bit. I’ll stop at mine and Jess’ house first and pack a suitcase, if you don’t mind me staying at your place until she wakes up.”

“Not at all. You’re welcome anytime. See you in a bit.”

I nod and they leave. I don’t have the power to leave just yet. I look at all her injures again and realize that the bandage on her foot is pretty much soaked through. I press the button on the side of the bed that calls for a nurse. One nurse comes in, which kind of shocks me.

She must see the shock on my face because she says, “I figured she couldn’t be awake yet. It would be a miracle if she was. What can I do for you?”

“I noticed that the bandage on her foot is soaked.”

“Ok. I’ll be right back to change it.”

I nod and she exits the room. Then she comes back with a small rolling cart and a stool. She unwraps Jess’ foot and says, “Yikes. It’s awfully bloody.”

Once she cleans up all the blood she says, “Looks like there’s still some glass in it.” She pokes and prods and pulls. I wince as she carefully removes a very small and sharp piece of glass. It’s covered in that dark red blood that always made your stomach do flips when you were a kid.

She does all of her things to clean, sterilize, and bandage it. She takes off her gloves, throws them out, and says, “Thanks for calling me when you did. Otherwise we would’ve had to operate to get that glass out.”

I nod and she leaves. Then she sticks her head back in and says, “Don’t be afraid to go home. We’ll call you if anything happens. Besides, she’s running the show and she’s not quite ready to end it." I nod and grab Jess' hand.

Then I sing, ‘All of the Stars’ by Ed Sheeran. I know she likes this song and it perfectly describes the situation.

Then I kiss her lips and exit the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I heard 'All Of The Stars' I knew it was perfect, am I right? ;) -Becca