33: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 33

I was currently in the living room, fiddling nervously with my hands as I waited for Jett to arrive. He was due here any minute and I was feeling somewhere in between excited and terrified.

Piper had left after she was done helping me as she did have her own date to attend to; however, I had to say that she did an amazing job. I was decked out in a white lace dress that had thick strap, was tight around the top but fanned out slightly when it reached my stomach. It reached down to my mid-thigh and had a cute back braided belt around the stomach. Over the dress I was wearing a thin black leather jacket accompanied with a pair of black shoes had a very small heel to them. My hair had been straightened at first but then Piper decided to add a couple of soft curls, making it look absolutely stunning. I felt pretty in this outfit and I could only hope that Jett would like it.

Two minutes later the doorbell rang, and assuming it was Jett, I got up off the couch and walked towards the door to let him in.

I wasn’t disappointed when I opened the door as Jett stood there with his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

He looked hot!

He was wearing black jeans with a white t-shirt and a black leather jacket, and that’s when I realized that we actually matched.

Tearing my eyes away from his body quickly so he wouldn’t know I was checking him out, I looked at his face and smiled. “Looks like great minds think alike.” I commented teasingly, nodding towards our outfits.

He took his eyes off my outfit and smiled at me. “It seems they do.” he replied with the same teasing tone. “So, are you ready to go?”

I nodded, knowing that my phone and a couple of bills were placed safely in my jacket pocket, and walked forward, shutting the door behind me.

As I looked up at him, my eyes didn’t focus on him but the car that was sitting in my driveway instead of his bike. “Did you get an upgrade or something?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him as I was slightly confused.

Jett glanced quickly at the car and then back to me while shaking his head. “No, this is my dad’s car that he let me borrow for the night. I thought you’d like the warmth of the car instead of the chilly breeze of my bike for once.” he explained, looking nervous, as though he had made a mistake or something.

Smiling reassuringly at him I replied. “That’s sweet Jett, but are you sure you know how to drive this?” I asked sarcastically.

Jett rolled his eyes at me. “I learned how to drive in a car Soph, I only got my motorcycle license about a year ago so yes, I do know what I’m doing.” he replied with a smile.