26: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 26

I was at my locker putting the books I had from my morning classes away. I was about to grab my wallet from my bag when an arm came around my neck. “Put that away because you won’t need it.” a voice whispered in my ear.

I jumped away from the person in fright, but as soon as I saw Jett there smirking at me, I put my hand to my chest in attempt to slow my heart rate down. “That wasn’t nice.” I said smiling, trying to laugh at his well-played joke.

Jett put his hands in the front pockets of his jeans and shrugged. “It might not have been nice but it was sure entertaining.” he replied with a teasing smile on his face.

“By the way, what did you mean that I didn’t need my wallet?” I asked curiously. “It’s lunch time, I need my wallet to pay for my lunch.”

Jett shook his head. “It’s fine, I’ll pay for you.” he said, shrugging his shoulders like it wasn’t that big of a deal.

My eyes widened slightly at Jett’s request. “Wait what?” I stated, now slightly confused. “You’re not paying for my lunch; I’m perfectly capable of paying for myself.”

Jett smiled at me and shook my head. “It’s completely fine Sophie. I don’t mind paying for your lunch, you invited me to lunch and you’re my friend, I’ll pay for you.” he said, trying out a puppy dog face that I had never seen before.

When he pulled out the puppy dog face I felt myself melting under his gaze. He was already insanely hot but with this begging face he looked adorably cute… I don’t think it was possible that say no to that face.

I sighed. “Fine,” I said, giving into Jett, “but just so you know, that puppy dog face should be illegal when you’re trying to get someone to do something for you.”

Jett changed his facial expression to one of innocence. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” he said politely as I shook my head in amusement.

“Sure you don’t.” I replied sarcastically.

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled. “Whatever. Anyways, are we heading to lunch now because I for one am starving.” he commented, rubbing his stomach in mock hunger.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Yeah, hold your horses’ bucko, I coming.” I replied, turning to place my bag in my locker before locking it. I turned back to Jett and motioned towards the cafeteria. “Lead the way hungry hippo.”

Jett scowled playfully at me before shaking his head in amusement. “You know, I could always make you go back to your locker to get your wallet from your bag so you’ll be even later to lunch.” he expressed with sarcasm before throwing his arm around my shoulder.