Reply

Third Person's POV

Within the Kazekage tower were the Yondaime Kazekage and the council, they were having their monthly meeting regarding village matters. In another room which was more like a bedroom, there was a boy with fair skin, green eyes with black rings around it, and short auburn hair with the Kanji 'Ai' (Love) on the left side of his forehead. He is Sabaku no Gaara (Gaara of the Sand) or simply Gaara. He sat on his bed with an expressionless face, he heard children's laughter outside the window and clenched his fists starting to feel bloodlust but calmed down after since he didn't find them worthy to kill but considered killing them one day.

Minutes after, a falcon landed on his windowsill. He stood up and walked to the falcon, sand rose to the falcon's talons making the bird attempt to fly. As it was flapping its wings Gaara noticed a letter attached to its free talon, the sand dissolved and the falcon flew away but came back. Gaara detached the letter on its talon and sat at his bed, he observed the letter for a while and furrowed his brows
"He's trying to kill me.. again!" he said as he threw the paper outside the window, the falcon quickly flew after the paper and caught it with its beak then flew back to Gaara's windowsill. The falcon stood still, Gaara gritted his teeth and snatched the letter to throw it out again only for the falcon to take it back and return to Gaara. This went on and Gaara had enough, he rose sand to the falcon only for it to fly out. He sighed thinking it flew away and turned only for the falcon to return, he sighed again believing that the bird was persistent so he took the letter and sat at his bed. 'It might ask me to meet somewhere so they could kill me, I know your tricks father!' he thought as he opened the letter.

He only stared at the letter after reading it, then a tear trickled down his cheek followed by another. He started crying silently,
"He's like me.." he said, he didn't expect this reaction. Usually he feels bloodlust when he knows of a person stronger than him or is similar to him and would kill them for his existence. But that wasn't what he felt after reading the letter, he felt glad that someone understood him and was surprised that there were other people like him. He wiped his tears and took a paper and brush and ink. He sat at his table and started writing a response

Dear Uzumaki Naruto,

I am Sabaku no Gaara or simply Gaara. I hold the Ichibi no Shukaku. I'm 12 and a Genin of Suna. I'm quite glad to know of your existence and am honestly surprised that there are others like me. I have auburn hair and green eyes with the Kanji 'Ai' on my forehead. I look forward to the day we meet Uzumaki Naruto.

Gaara

Gaara read through the letter a few times to be sure if this was okay or if he needed to say more but he decided to go with it. He tied the reply to the falcon's talon and it flew away. A knock came to the door and opened revealing a girl with teal eyes and sandy blonde hair gathered into four consecutive ponytails and a boy who wore a bunraku puppeteers outfit wearing all black and a hood with cat ears and had a kind of face-paint design.
"Gaara, we have a meeting with Baki later" Temari said, Gaara furrowed his brows releasing killing intent since he was slightly annoyed about their sudden coming
"About what?" Temari and Kankuro sweat dropped and a chill came to their spine, Kankuro gulped trying to regain his composure
"It's regarding our infiltration to Konoha in time of the Chunin exams" Gaara kept Naruto's letter to one of his drawers and went out as Temari and Kankuro followed behind.

In a peaceful village near Iwa, a man with red hair, moustache, and a beard which tapered off to a point. This man was Roshi. He was chopping wood outside his home (I'm assuming it's his home but meh) as a falcon landed on the pile of chopped wood. He noticed the bird and thought it was hungry so he took some bird feed and gave it to the falcon. The falcon finished eating but didn't leave, that's when he noticed that there was a letter on its talon. He took the letter and sat in the pile of wood to read through it.