(Chapter 7)

Ͼ Ella Castillo Ͽ

Ash slammed the door shut, sliding his jean-clad butt into the car. I was about to ask him what the hell was that, when I remembered I had to be mad at him, for what he did yesterday. So I stared resolutely out of the window, humming a tune in my mind.

I bit my lip. I should really call my Mom and tell her where I am, or she'll get worried. I glanced at Ash, but immediately looked away. I was so not going to talk to his first.

The driver slowly pushed through the crowd, who seemed to be unwilling to move. In fact, they were stopping our progression with their bare hands. A middle-aged man with belt issues, crushed up right against the window next to me and I was rewarded with an utterly gorgeous view of his hairy butt-crack. Ash's chauffeur, who looked completely unfazed by this, just beeped his horn, pushing against people, until we pulled out onto the road.

"Ella," Ash said, not bothering to look at me, and getting his Blackberry out again, tapping at the little buttons. I fought the irrational desire to rip the Blackberry from his hands, and chuck it out of the window - if he was going to bloody talk to me, he talk to my face! I grit my teeth. Did I really marry this bastard? "My Dad wants to talk to us today..."

I ignored him, but just glared out of the tinted windows, watching scenery roll by us.

"...about our marriage."

Duh. Why else would I meet the famous billionaire?

I fidgeted with my nails. Ash looked up, when I didn't reply.

"Jesus Christ!" he yelled, dropping his phone. "What the hell happened to your face?"

I clapped my hands to my face. "What?!"

"You're eyes are...all swollen..."

What?!

I stared at my reflection in the window. Crap! He was right. I looked...kind of like a short-sighted person with an eye-infection disease.

I bet the press loved that. I squeezed my eyes shut. So embarrassing.

Ash took my chin in his hand. My eyes opened wide in surprise, and I felt him gently press a soft cottony material into my face - I glanced down, to make sure it wasn't something gross like a...sock, or a mouse. Or something.

This was the first time I was willingly touching Ash. Now I was this close, I couldn't help but appreciate him. His dark fringe fell just into his clear eyes, his straight nose was sculptured perfectly, his jaw-line was strong and manly, and his lips were shaped into perfect curves.

I would so heart him, except he's a sadistic tyrant who thinks he can buy anyone.

But I guess that's kind of hypocritical, as I'm almost as bad as him - a masochistic coward, who is willing to be bought.

"You have some tear tracks," he said, his voice emotionless. His pale blue eyes were unreadable, but under his gaze my cheeks warmed up under his palms. I swallowed. I closed my eyes, and the cloth brushed against my skin, so gently I could barely feel it. His hands felt cool against my hot skin, and I couldn't help biting down on my lip slightly.

Then he was gone.

My eyes snapped open, and he was back on his side of the car, tapping away on his Blackberry.

I just didn't get him.

***

ῼ Ash Castillo ῼ

I squeezed my fists. My vision blurred as I randomly pummeled into the keys of my phone, desperately trying to keep my face cool in front of Ella. I don't know why it mattered, it just did. My heart thudded hard, and I turned away to hide my burning cheeks.