Epilogue

*Several Months Later*

I lay in the hospital bed with a single tear rolling down my face. Rocky kisses my forehead. "You were so strong, baby."

I smile, content with the life we have made together. With the family we have made together.

Little Landon lays in the generic hospital cot by the side of my bed. He's wrapped up like a burrito, so at peace. It's the most beautiful sight.

Rocky rubs his finger gently against Landon's cheek, and the sound of pure joy that escapes Landon's lips brings a smile to my face. He's a newborn but I'm sure he can sense comfort in Rocky. I know I do, and I also know that as long as I have Rocky, we'll be okay.

He's situated three guards outside of my private hospital room and I know he has two cars of guards parked in the parking lot of the hospital. Since I got heavily pregnant, he has increased security. I may be watched like a hawk, and it's not so pleasant but I know it's for the good of us. We now have Landon and we need to do what is right for him and his safety.

Although he's just a baby, Landon has taken all of Rocky's facial features. He's a mini Rocky.

I hope he has Rocky's soul and heart too. Something I under-appreciated for the longest time, when in reality that was one of his best qualities.

————————————

Grabbing Rocky's hand, I walk around the hospital room. Taking a deep breath when the pain in my back increases.

"Maybe you should stop," Rocky tells me. "Take a little rest."

I smile. "I'm not dying," I tell him. "I had a baby but I'm okay. I need to do this."

Rocky gives me a warm smile as he guides me around the room. They've taken Landon for a quick wash so it's just Rocky and I, otherwise rest assured I wouldn't be walking. We'd both be hovering over Landon's cot watching him sleep.

"You look beautiful," Rocky tells me.

I frown. "In a hospital gown?" I ask. "With my hair in a bun and sweat forcing my loose hair sticking to my face."

Rocky smiles placing a kiss on my cheek. "Even then."

My heart melts like butter. I did get a look at myself in the bathroom and I was a shock. I looked appalling. How he thinks I look beautiful is a mystery to me, but his eyes tell me he's genuine. That's the one thing I've picked up on Rocky. His eyes are a passage to his soul. You can see right through him.

When the nurse brings Landon back, Rocky immediately snatches him up after helping me lay back down. The way he rocks Landon and how he watches with absolute love and admiration for Landon makes me teary eyed. Rocky is already a perfect father and that's saying something since I'm a strong believer that nothing is perfect in this world. I, well I still have to learn how to be a mother.

"How is he?" I ask.

Rocky gets up from his seat and walks over to the edge of the bed and sits. "He's sleeping," he says dipping his arms low so I can see Landon's cute little eyes shut in pure blissful sleep.

There's a knock on the door that draws us out of the moment. Daniella's head pops out and she watches us. "Is it safe to come in?"

I nod and all of a sudden the whole Hamilton clan walks in. Rydar is the first to snatch Landon up before Rocky and I can even say a word. We watch in shock as Landon still sleeps through that moment.

Rydar rocks him just as Rocky did. "He's beautiful," Rydar says. "Landon is going to be so lucky. He's going to have an amazing family."

I nod looking back at Rocky. My relationship with my parents is still a bit unstable. I have tried sorting things out and we've talked but there isn't much. Including them coming to see their grandchild. They claimed they were busy. I wouldn't know how busy you could be to not want to see you own grandchild and the first one too. They've called. We've had small conversations but that seems to be the reality of it. We might not get any more from them.