Smiles All Around

*1 Month Later*

I wake up to kisses on my neck. Rocky's head is framed between my hair as he kisses me. I sigh in contentment. I could wake up like this every morning.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Rocky says and I smile.

"Morning."

"It's almost midday, you don't want to get out of bed?" He asks.

My eyes roam his bare chest and I get butterflies in my stomach. He is a sight to admire. "Hmm, no," I say pulling him closer and forcing his lips back on my neck where they belong.

He chuckles, his breath heating up my neck. It's another feeling on its own that forces me to press my thighs together.

Rocky rubs a hand on my stomach where my baby bump is barely even visible. I love all his touches but I especially love when he does this. I know I sort of panicked about a child and felt I wasn't ready but I believe this is exactly what Rocky and I need. We've had a bumpy few months and a baby will pull all our attention. It'll be half Rocky and I, and I wouldn't know anything better.

"You can rest then," he says giving my cheek a kiss.

Ever since he found out I'm pregnant, he's become one of those husbands that watch my every move and pamper and nurture every step.

I laugh which forces Rocky's eyes up to meet mine. "What's so funny?"

I give his arm a squeeze before leaning into him. "I can get out of bed, you know. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't do anything. I'm barely even showing," I tell him whilst pointing at my stomach for emphasis.

Rocky moves out of the way as I stand up and then suddenly my stomach churns. "Oh dear god," I mutter under my breath before my hands come up to my mouth.

I feel sick. My hands plaster across my lips to keep the contents of my stomach in as I run for the bathroom.

Facing the toilet bowl, I let everything come out. Within seconds, Rocky has my hair up in one hand and his other is rubbing soothing circles on my back. "Just let it all out," he says gently whilst continuing rubbing my back.

On so many turns of my life, I have underestimated and under appreciated Rocky. He's a diamond in a pit of bronzes. I need to remember that.

Even back in high school, I very much under appreciated him and not gave him the time of day that he deserved. We were friends so he had my attention but not the way he deserved. That's not something I can fix but I am going to focus on making sure he knows exactly what he means to me going forward.

Rocky grabs a wet cloth and wipes my lips. "Better?"

I nod. "It's still twisting and turning."

Rocky smiles. "I'm barely even showing," he mimics me.

My hand comes out and I smack his shoulder as he wraps me in his arms. He kisses the side of my head and holds me to him, my back pressed against his chest. This is peaceful and good, and if I could stop time, I would.

"Maybe bed sounds good," I say with a gentle laugh.

Rocky nods as he ushers me back towards the bed. He helps me get into the bed, pulling the blanket up to my neck. He dips low and kisses my cheek. "I'll get the doctor."

I grab his hand before he leaves. "I'm fine, really. Just get in with me and hold me."

Rocky does exactly that. He pulls the blanket aside, gets into the bed beside me and pulls me into his chest so that my back rests against his chest.

He places soft kisses on my hair, the subtle vibrations calming me and pulling me into a state of sleep.

————————

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" A voice echoes down the hallway forcing my eyes open.

"Don't you dare," Rocky's voice comes out more gentler. "You'll wake my wife up."

As I pry my eyes open, Daniella walks into the bedroom and plops herself down on the bed. "About time," she says. "All you do is sleep."

Rocky's parents stand by the door watching us as Rocky frowns at Daniella.

"I told you she was sleeping. The poor thing hasn't been well," Rocky snaps at his sister.

Rydar walks in, a big grin on his lips. "I'm officially going to be an uncle."

I laugh as I push myself up and lean against the headboard. "I'm barely even showing and you guys are already jumping."

Rocky's mother smiles as she walks in and sits on the edge of the bed. "It's fantastic news and every time we see you, we just cannot contain it. Hence why Daniella is acting this way."

I smile as she pulls me into a hug. Shortly after, Rocky's father hugs me too before giving my hand a squeeze. "All good?"

I nod. "All good," I reassure him

It's odd that we're all gathered in our bedroom having a small family get together. I even suggested going downstairs but no one would have it. I thought Rocky was bad but his whole family is just as bad, if not worse. They're beyond overprotective but I sort've love that about them.

Rocky's mother brought me so many slices of cake just because I told her on the phone that I was wanting some. It wasn't a craving or anything, I just really wanted cake.

I grab Rocky's hand and pull him down onto the bed so his ear is near my mouth. "How long do you think I can milk these craving situation for because these cakes look damn good."

Rocky laughs. "Why milk anything?" He says. "Just let me know what you want and I'll get it. As for my family, it's their job to meet your every demand. That's why we're family. If you I have any wants, let them know."

I smile. "Gosh, maybe I should get pregnant more often."

Rocky chuckles. "Don't give me any ideas."