TWO. BRIGHT

Destiny's week was chaotic, from Carrie's constant "friendly" words of advice on how to take photographs , to her brother checking up on her after school, and adding the spiritual communication hours with clients. Destiny really needed a time out to relax and feel like she deserves it, Destiny didn't do any type of school work, her brain was all mushed down, and she always had an excuse for her teachers so they could let her turn her homework on friday. Thanks to her normal/good grades and very healthy relationships with her teachers, they had agreed.

That was also happened because Destiny teared up when she said her mother had come home only to pick her belongings and left again. Just on the side, the way she said it, and why she said it, was unknown, but Destiny was sure that she hated the example she took and made it an excuse.

Friday came around just like a blink of an eye, Destiny woke up earlier than before knowing she had to be there and help decorate, make sure her camera had enough space for the rally today, also she had to look as she part of the whole social media committee, her outfit of jeans and leather jackets would come to an end just for this day, exchanging the jeans for a skirt and a tank top, placing on her a headband.

"You look very sharp for school, what is the reason?" Destiny's father appeared on the frame of her opened the door, the coffee mug in his hand, and a piece of bread in the other.

"It's the spirit rally at school and I have to take pictures today, Carrie's performing." Destiny rolled her eyes at her reflection, the leather jacket was laid on her bed and even though she told herself not to wear it just for today, she gave in, placing it over her shoulders. "I gotta go early today, so I will see you after school."

"Destiny hold up, we need to talk," The words Destiny hoped she wasn't going to hear yet. "Your brother and I have talked and I think it's better if we stop the spirit sessions for this month, try to focus on school and other stuff Destiny."

"What other stuff dad? I don't have friends to hang out with, they know about what I do with the sessions and they think I am weird, they only talk to me for social media in school or to take photos of them, but I don't have friends." Destiny raised her voice and lowered as she finished speaking, her eyes looked down at the floor "I'm sorry."

"Try making some friends this month, you never know, the unexpected is around the corner, you might even do some strange friends like you." Destiny's father smiled at her and walked away from her room, the girl stood there for a brief moment.

"Make some friends." She whispered, the words were repeated in her mind as she walked towards the entrance, her father was now leaning against the door, the keys of his car in his hand. Another day without being able to walk to school.

Spirit Rally, in the middle of the basketball court, just like every single event that happened in school, Destiny wouldn't be surprised if her graduation ceremony even happened here. Mrs. Harrison and the Principal were both discussing the seat arrangements for the students, Carrie, and her backup dancers did the last rehearsal before their performance, and finally, Destiny, her eyes searched around the court for a place to settle to take pictures.

"Morning Students." Mrs. Harrison greeted the huge group of students who dreadfully walked into the court, Destiny chuckled to herself as she noticed every face making their way to an open spot. "Well, Welcome to our Spirit Rally, we have an amazing performance by our talented group Dirty Candy," the students clapped and whoo' ed loudly at the name of Carrie's group.

That was Destiny's cue to find a position at the front, her mind repeated to take good, correction, great photos of Carrie or perish and never be able to get into another school club for the rest of her years. Carrie and her backup dancers set themselves in the middle of the court, there was silence for just a moment before the music started loudly. The lights were shining on the blonde, who now was wearing a pink wing that matched her outfit perfectly. Destiny took photographs from below but worked the angles to take on Carrie's right side, that was her good side, she kept this on her memory ever since she started on the social media club, and Carrie sort of harassed her on letting her know.