1. Ugly Duckling Series: Perfect Match (2015)

Ugly Duckling Series: Perfect Match

Country: Thailand

Type: Drama

Genre: Drama, Romance

Episodes: 9

Aired: May 17, 2015 to Jul 12, 2015

Network: GMM One

Duration: 50 min.

Plot:

          Very beautiful Khun Nu (Thawornwongs Worranit), a Junior, who did plastic surgery because she had big cheeks without knowing that she was allergic to chemicals, and it ruined her face by causing acne/pimples everywhere. After the incident, nobody wanted to get close to her and whoever saw her would call her a ghost-face. Even her mom showed the feeling of disgust toward her. She couldn't stand it so she begged her parents to study at a college in a countryside to avoid the social life of where she's living, to have face treatment at the college's hospital, and to follow her dream guy from her favorite fiction. And that's where she meets P'Seua (Push Puttichai), a very handsome cheeky guy who has dimples but is very poor.  

Cast:

Thawornwongs Worranit

Khun Nu/Junior/Joo

Push Puttichai

Seua

Review: 

by Jenn of mydramalist

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER. I WAS SO ATTACHED TO THIS SHOW AND I WISHED IT WAS LONGER!

The story is very simple, yet unique. It holds many typical aspects of a rom-com, like cute romance, a dreadful love triangle, amazing side characters. an adorable main couple, and some great eye-candies. I found that the pacing (up until the last two episodes) were done amazingly. While each episode felt like it took a long time to end, I was never bored or tired of watched. It was fun and made me laugh and fangirl to my heart's delight. The ending was a bit rushed to me, especially since I felt so annoyed with the main characters!!

I loved all the characters and their development! The casting was done fairly well, and though some people didn't like Joo's acting, I thought she did a pretty good job. You could definitely see her improvement throughout the drama, which was a nice touch. All the characters brought some light into the drama and made it even more adducing.

At first, I didn't really care for the music. Nothing stood out and I didn't feel the need to buy them on iTunes or to download them. However, after 2 days of watching, I found myself humming the songs at school and realized how much i loved the soundtrack. The background music was always a nice touch, BUT MAN I LOVE JOO'S AND BEE'S RINGTONE! Excuse me while I go hunt these songs down on YouTube now, haha.

Again, I don't typically rewatch dramas, but i might go back and watch my favourite scenes again.

Yeah, I had a fun time watching it, so I would definitely recommend checking it out."

My Rating: 9.0

Mydramalist Rating: 8.3

Click the external link to be redirected to the website where you can watch this drama. For mobile users, the link can also be found down below in the comments section.