80. Angel's Last Mission: Love (2019)

Angel's Last Mission: Love

Country: South Korea

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama, Fantasy, Supernatural

Episodes: 32

Aired: May 22 , 2019 - Jul 11, 2019

Network: KBS2

Duration: 35 mins.

Plot:

Lee Yeon Seo (Shin Hye Sun), is a cynical and arrogant ballerina. She is the prima ballerina, but after an accident she has to give up her dream. After her parent's sudden death, she doesn't trust anyone since there are a lot of people lurking around her and her inherited money. Because of her distrust and arrogance, she is unable to love anyone. Kim Dan (Kim Myung Soo) is an optimistic, carefree angel who is always getting into trouble. In order to return to heaven, he is tasked with a mission to find true love for the talented but emotionally distant ballerina.

Cast:

Shin Hye Sun

Shin Hye Sun

Lee Yeon Seo

Kim Myung Soo

Kim Myung Soo

Kim Dan

Lee Dong Gun

Lee Dong Gun

Ji Kang Woo

Review:

by DLKDramaFan of mydramalist

"A Deeply Touching Romantic Comedy That's a Feast for Your Eyes, Ears, Brain, and Heart

❤️ Beautiful smart leads ✔️
❤️ Beautiful acting ✔️
❤️ Beautiful touching deep story & writing ✔️
❤️ Beautiful romance ✔️
❤️ Beautiful OSTs ✔️
❤️ Beautiful locations ✔️
❤️ Beautiful cinematography ✔️
❤️ Beautiful directing ✔️
❤️ Beautiful (mostly ;) outfits, accessories, and styling ✔️

We've been blessed to get two amazing romantic comedies from Shin Hye Sun as the lead in a row. Hopefully many many more. Though her characters and circumstances could not be more different in ALML from 30 but 17, her amazing acting talent and skill at being able to touch your heart are the same. I didn't think I could love a show more than 30 but 17, but I do with this show. They are 1a and 1b in my book.

If Lee Yeon Seo was played by a less talented likeable actress she could have easily been cartoonish and insufferable . Yet somehow Shin Hye Sun managed to make her a sympathetic bada**. It's so rare to get such a strong KDrama female lead who says and does exactly what's on her (and our) minds. Dan could have been a silly empty character yet Kim Myung Soo makes him hilarious and heroic. The main leads are amazing onscreen from their hilarious bickering to deeply touching moments. Some of their kisses in later episodes will make you blush and flutter your heart with their chemistry. My only complaints about this show are that there aren't more episodes and the entire show can't just be only the two of them on screen. I know the latter is unrealistic but that's how much I love this OTP.

This show asks some touching and deep questions about God and why bad things happen to good people. The journeys the main characters take to find those answers will make you weep and touch your heart as well as tickle your funny bone. You will not regret investing your time and heart into this show."

Reviewer's Rating: 10.0

My Rating: 8.5

Mydramalist Rating: 8.7

Asianwiki Rating: 8.7

You can comment your own rating and justify why you gave that rating if you want :)

Click the external link to be redirected to the website where you can watch this drama. For mobile users, the link can also be found down below in the comments section.