Solving the Mystery

Sitting at the dining table, I watched as Catherine sniffled and wiped her tears in the corner of the room.

After hearing about the new of Erica, she had solemnly stood in the same position, practically bawling, until Alexander came to comfort her- well, at least tried to comfort her. When he came over to pat her back, she just pushed him away.

"You should be crying!" Catherine had said. "If that man could overpower Erica, then she's most likely..." she didn't finish the sentence, since she just burst into tears again.

I walked over to Catherine with Mike and patted her shoulder, and she lashed out at me unexpectedly. For a moment, I thought she was going to backhand me to the other side of the room, bit she pulled me and Mike into a hug before we could react.

To be honest, Catherine had the most motherly aura I had ever seen. Because of this, I hugged her back and grabbed a towel for her.

Alexander stood on the other side of the room and crossed his arms.

"Why don't I get a hug?" he pouted.

Catherine didn't answer.

It had been a few hours since I had discovered the big disappearance, in which I had immediately headed over to tell Mike, who told Alexander, who, thankfully, was the one that broke the news to Catherine.

Erica and Zoe had made a disappearance. There were only a few clues.

After a brief check of the security cameras, it was confirmed that the intruder has dismantled each and every one of them (of course he did). It was also confirmed that the intruder had stolen multiple valuable documents, each one holding important information about SPYDER.

Cyrus, unlike Alexander and Catherine, was cursing under his breath and walking in circles. He had checked for fingerprints, DNA, strands of hair, but found nothing.

"This man is OP!" Mike exclaimed after Cathine had let us go from her hold. "He beat Erica in a fight, and while doing this, managed to also capture Zoe, leave no trace behind, and break a window and carry the two bodies while running two miles off into the distance."

This was true. The MI6 had estimated the thief had ran two miles to the border of the facility, hailed a taxi in less than a minute, and managed not to cause too much suspicion while carrying two limp human bodies.

So how had he done it?

We still didn't know, despite investigations. The biggest lead we had was the size of the two footprints.

They were round at the end, slightly curved in the middle, and pretty much and extra-large size. This didn't give us any lead whatsoever, since anybody could've had that type of feet.

It also didn't help that Jayden was constantly bantering at me about lacking good training. According to him, if I let this thief "slip past" so easily, then I didn't deserve to be in the CIA.

I hadn't exactly denied this but hadn't accepted it either. It was one of those remarks where you just can't really respond with snark since your opponent has a point.

Anyways, after a particularly tear-stained and solemn breakfast, Cyrus waved us off to our temporary "training," then headed to his dorm. He probably just wanted to investigate further.

This was actually the most stressed I had ever seen Cyrus, considering he hadn't cracked when we were surrounded by two NYPD boats with policemen loaded up with AK-47s. And a ton of other situations I had forgotten. When you were a spy like me, it's not very easy to keep track of all your accomplishments. (Not flexing)

I had to train with Catherine once again, which, considering the circumstances, wasn't as cheerful as usual. She had strode in, clearly trying to hide her tears, then burst into crying in the middle of the lesson when I mentioned that Erica had a much better aim than me.

"Dude!" Mike said, throwing a disappointed glance my way. "Don't make this worse than it already is for her."

After training, Catherine headed to her dorm, which meant that two Hales were now under duress. This must be some kind of record.

Mike and I headed over to the cafetorium for lunch, in much lower moods now. We were missing the two females on our mission, in which both of them were better than me at fighting. Actually- scratch that. Pretty much everyone on this mission was better than me at fighting, not counting Alexander.

Jawa and Chip had spent the morning investigating the scene, and when we met up with them at lunch, they admitted that there were no big evidence changes found, other than a "fingerprint" that turned out to be Erica's