It's a Date

2019

Another ISAC and Mingyu could feel himself getting jealous. Jeonghan had not kissed him again, as both of them had gotten scared since the last time. Mingyu wasn't into men, he was just into Yoon Jeonghan. But he was curious as to how many others had felt his lips on theirs. Whether Jeonghan had shared intimate moments with Minhyuk, Joshua or even Cheol.

The days leading up to the ISACS were tense, not only were half the members not going but neither was their leader. Mingyu recalled last year when Seungcheol had scolded him for his tantrum and did not want to disappoint him this year. The leader still kept an eye on Mingyu, monitoring that he and Jeonghan weren't always TOO close.

Jeonghan could sense Mingyu's strange mood swings. Somedays he would send Jeonghan the cutest morning text but when they would see each other he would switch to cold. Directing his attention to anyone that wasn't Jeonghan.

Before making their way to the event, Jeonghan pulls Mingyu to the side. "Mingyu, are you upset? is something wrong? did I do something wrong?," Jeonghan asks concerned. Mingyu feels the guilt invade his body. He smiles genuinely at Jeonghan, remorseful that he was acting indifferent. "Nothing," Mingyu replies, keeping his answers short.

"Good," Jeonghan sighs relieved,"because I want to spend the whole day with you." Mingyu nods in agreeance, before running off to find Jihoon.

"Help, it's an emergency," He blurts out as he bust into their bedroom. "Let me guess, Yoon Jeonghan," Woozi replies.

"Don't leave us alone for a second, we can't be alone," he begs Jihoon. Jihoon reluctantly agrees and they both head out the door.

At the ISACS it is now Jeonghan who follows Mingyu around like a puppy. Playfully attempting to play tag with him but being rejected time after time. Jihoon tiptoes closer to Mingyu's ear and whisper, "you're an idiot." Mingyu looks down giggling,"what? out of no where?" He asks confused.

"He's going to get bored and then Minhyuk will swoop in for the kill," He smirks, teasing Mingyu.

He's right, Mingyu thinks to himself. He pulls Jeonghan in for a hug and from then on proceeds to treat the day as a date. Filming the special moments, and proud to be able to show Jeonghan off. It felt like, for a day, Jeonghan was really his.

And as dates should end, it was Jeonghan who walked Mingyu to his dorm. Mingyu wished he could wrap Jeonghan in his arm to bid each other good night, but they merely shared a fist bump.

"All that, for a fist bump," Woozi jokes around before passing out after a long day.

Mingyu lays in bed looking at all the pictures he took on his phone. Engraving Jeonghan's smile in his mind. Certain now more than ever, that even if Jeonghan and he remained  only friends forever, he would be ok with it. All he really wanted was for Jeonghan to be in his life.