31

~TÓDÙN~

"Pick up the phone." Funto said in frustration, she had been asking me to talk to Kunle who kept calling since the previous day we left his house but I ignored it and I didn't switch off the phone as well expecting him to visit if he was serious with anything.

"Which phone?" I asked quite aware of what she meant but unwilling to do anything about it.

"Your's now, for christ sake, that guy has been calling for ages." She said running out of breath as she held a handkerchief to face so that she could sneeze into it.

"He hasn't called enough, he has just started." I replied her and smiled as I stuffed popcorn into my mouth. On my lap was a textbook and in my right hand a pencil. The phone was beside me ringing continuously but I picked it up and switched the sound to  silence. I won't have him disturb my entire life, I muttered and underlined a sentence in the textbook. A knock on the door, announced the arrival of Ahmed while Funto stood up to open it for him.

"Hi girls." He greeted us and placed a black nylon bag he was carrying on the floor.

"Hi guy." Funto who is always ready to pick a fight with him replied sarcastically. "What do you have for us in there?" She asked as she crouched on the floor and deeped her hand into the nylon bag. "Is there anything edible in this place?" She inquired as she took out his notebook from the bag.

"When you go deeper, you will find something." He replied with a smile plastered on his face.

"Deeper life ni." She hissed.

"I got the ingredients for the fried rice you promised me. I have been craving for it" He smiled again like a baby while I just stared at them in silence.

"Nothing else is there abi?" Funto asked again glaring at him.

"Nothing, just fried rice ingredients."

"Okay, you can now go because I am not cooking anything if you don't buy something for me to eat now." She pushed further and folded her hands on her chest.

"Ahn ahn, you don't have to be like this." He said with a twitch on his face and walked closer to her. "There is chinchin inside this nylon." He unwrapped a nylon she didn't check and she snatched it aware from his reach, ran to sit down  beside me and gave me a part of it which I collected with gratitude.

"I can't believe you don't want to give me anyone of it." He said as he tried struggling with her in the remaining parks of chinchin

"I am sure you ate your own already." I cut in, excited by the taste I was getting from it. He laughed and settled down beside me, took the note on my lap, flipped through it and closed it with a smirk on his face. I glared at him as I took the book away from him and struggled to hold his hand when he tried to take my phone that was on the bed in-between us.

"Your phone has been ringing." He exclaimed and switched it away from the silence that I fixed it. "It is Tamilore." He added and I took the phone from him, fumbling to tap on the green button. I was nervous that Tamilore was calling me, I couldn't seem to remember the last time she did that. What is it this time? I muttered.

"Hello, what's up?" I spoke into the phone placing a finger on my mouth to calm down Funto who was telling Ahmed something. "What did you say?" I asked alarmed.

"She is throwing out your things, I am trying to stop her but she won't listen." Her voice boomed into the phone. "Throw them outside, the girl is a snitch, a real bitch." I held Nifemi's voice say in the background continuously.

"You guys should stop it now." Tamilore screamed and I cut the call. Like a volcano about to erupt, I felt heat arise at the bottom of my belly. Who is she to think she can throw my things out? Didn't I also pay for the room? I asked myself those questions as I changed into a neat cloth and explained to Funto and Ahmed at the same time. Immediately, they wore their foot wears and off we went to my hostel.