Weathered Passion

The moon impresses many crowds as the sun slips away behind the clouds.

It makes you start to think and wonder, and like the sun you slip right under.

All the thoughts and feelings of hope and despair that float around in the windless air.

Sometimes you are just like the moon, on a breezy hot night in the middle of June.

For you can also help lead the way, to a tiny old man lost by the bay.

You are just like the sky after a storm, when you can feel the sun all friendly and warm.

And when you're alone, I'm lonely too; but when you cheer up and your bright side shines through,

I too am happy and cheerful you see: For just like the rainbow you make me feel free.

So here I sit as I think and I wonder, listening to the rain and the thunder.

Wondering how and when and why, why do I have to say good-bye?

Say good-bye to my home and possessions, leaving behind unforgotten confessions.

Taking nothing along, not my life, or even you. Leaving my world, forgetting all that I knew.

And once I am gone, there's no turning back, So I bid thee farewell, my heart left with a crack.

This is the end, I am saying good-bye, I'll love you forever, but all passions must die.