Chapter 4

<September 2021>

"Min Eunhye." Ms. Choi called out my name, signalling that it's my turn for the assessment.

I took a deep breath and walked to the front, preparing to perform. The amount of time I spent practicing with Mark every day last week during night time was a whole lot. He was very strict and he corrected every movements of mine to even the smallest detail. 

He made me promise that I'll land in top 5 again for this assessment, especially with the amount of time and energy he has spent to teach me. I'm determined to make this performance as one of my best, for my sake and his.

The music started as I moved to the dance that I've been practicing for the last 2 weeks. I remembered every detail of the dance that Mark knocked inside my head, including the parts that he scolded me for doing wrong.

I put my heart and soul for every movements I made, enjoying the dance. Despite all the hardships, I enjoyed every second and sweat that I poured into practicing and performing this dance.

I pulled my jacket out lightly using my hands and pulled it back in for the last pose of superhuman. The moment I finished everyone clapped their hands, except for the teachers. They looked at each other, causing me to be slightly nervous.

"Great job, Eunhye. You managed to overcome your weakness for this song." Ms. Kim complimented me. I smiled politely and bowed to her, muttering a thankyou.

"I agree, it was amazing. You really remind me of Mark from NCT in your performance today. Your detail in this dance is the exact as his, did you practice to his part?" Ms. Choi asked me.

I wanted to smile brightly right there, proud that I was able to pull off the details that my teacher a.k.a Mark taught me. But I kept my polite smile and answered Ms. Choi's question, "You could say that." I laughed a bit.

Not that I'll admit to the world I've been meeting with the Lee Mark during my overtime practices. That's a bad situation for both me and Mark. Besides, we're just friends who shares a senior junior relationship.

***

"It's time for the announcement of the top 5 for today's assessment." Ms. Choi told the class. I kept my emotionless face, but if you pay attention closely you can see me shivering in nervousness. 

I have to get top 5 today.

"In fifth place, Kim Minsa, congratulations!" Ms. Choi announced. Minsa and stood up to bow while everyone clapped their hands for her.

"Placing fourth.." Ms. Choi said. I gulped at the suspense, please please please let me maintain my place. Please, I promised myself, I promised him. 

"Song Soomin, congratulations!" Ms. Choi announced. I slumped down a bit but kept myself determined. It's okay, there's still the third and second spot. 

"Placing third.." Ms. Choi continued. I felt my heart thumping so loud that I can hear it from my ears. 

"Cha Jieun, congratulations in maintaining your place in top 5." Ms. Choi announced. I widened my eyes in surprise, Jieun dropped from 1 to 3? Where's the hope for me?

"Placing second.." Ms. Choi continued again. Please, let this be me. If not, I don't think I can face it anymore.

"Im Gaeun, congratulations in maintaining your place in top 2." 

I immediately feel my heart break. I feel disappointed in myself, ashamed of myself. This is the first time I got kicked out of Top 5 after awhile, not only that I just had to ask help from a senior. How would he feel if the trainee he taught personally every single night didn't even make it to top 5?