Chapter 22

<December 2022>

"Did you hear? People are saying that Mark from NCT is seeing someone right now." I heard people whispering behind me.

 I'm currently enjoying my cup of Chamomile Tea and a piece of Mille Crepes inside the SM Cafe since I do that whenever I have break these days, it really calms me down. At least, that was what I was doing before I heard the girls behind me gossiping.

By the way I'm not stupid enough to not wear a disguise here, hence nobody recognizes me right now other than the barista because I needed to pay using my SM Points (I refuse to pay for this expensive meal when I can get it for free).

But anyways, I immediately tensed up when I heard the girls behind me gossiping.

"Really? I thought one of the sasaengs mentioned that he's still hung over his breakup with one of the previous SM rookies girl." the other girl replied.

Well that might be true...

"Yeah that was before, but now they're saying that he's finally seriously dating another idol." 

Wait a minute.. I'm not dating Mark yet...

"Don't tell me that rumor of Mark dating Sori from Light Kiss is true?! She was a SM trainee after all!" the other girl exclaimed.

I choked on my tea, Sori?! You mean the girl who gossiped behind my back with her friend Minsa? They both left SM and entered the X company together and had just debuted in the group Light Kiss last month.

Mark wouldn't be that stupid right..?

"No, that girl is just a bit crazy. She claims to be his girlfriend when they didn't even interact during her time here." 

Right, Mark isn't that stupid.

"Then who is he dating then?"

There's no way people would know, right...

"You know the girl he's been working with for that one variety show, Nancy from Momoland. The sasaengs are saying that they're really close on set, way more than Mark have been with other girls."

My grip on my Chamomile Tea suddenly felt weak so I put it down immediately. 

"Oh you mean that sweet girl who has foreign features? She's really pretty, they'll look good together!"

"I know right! They keep on emphasizing that Mark is very touchy with her, the sasaengs even caught them kissing once!"

I suddenly felt nauseous, heart racing due to the information I have just received from these 2 girls.

Mark isn't cheating on me right..?

But then again we're not official yet, it wouldn't even be considered cheating.

"Wow that's amazing! But this just proves that those crazy shippers are wrong."

"Which one? There's so many shippers nowadays."

"You know that new SM group, Secret Garden? Apparently those crazy shippers are starting to ship Mark with the maknae. Who was her name again? Eun-Eunha? No that's gfriend. Eunmi? Doesn't sound like it too. Eun.. Oh right her name was Eunhye, not that it was important. Anyways, they claim that they saw Mark and that girl exchanging awstruck looks during the SMTown Concert and their joint schedule."

"Eww, he's so out of her league. She's not even that good. It's great that Mark is with Nancy instead."

I stared at my empty plate of Mille Crepes, feeling quite disheartened.