Stereotypes

Author: TheUJelly_

Title: The Girl He Left Behind

Genre: Teen Ficiton

Summary:

Stacey Williams had always loved Axel Teller.

    But he had paid her no mind. She wanted more than the meaningless flings they had. She wanted her love to be returned. She wanted to be loved back.

    She did everything to get his attention. She had one-night stands with countless boys - throwing away her innocence - and tearing apart her reputation.

    All for him.

    But Axel didn't notice Stacey as anything more than a girl to have a fling with on the side. And Stacey watched as the boy she loved fall for another girl, and they were happy and complete. And Stacey was alone and hated.

    Tarnished and scarred.

    She was the girl he left behind...and the girl he never remembered.

Review:

Recommended to me by a relative, there's just one word that could describe this book, depressing.

The main character perspective was not as surprising as I had imagined, due to the fact that I expected something similar to happen. I wouldn't say I found the authors work unrealistic, simply the idea did cross my mind. I could argue and say,

"Not everyone responds like that and react the same way like the main character" or "Everything expected from a 'nerd' point of view is written as the main character." Which makes this story similar to reading any other cliche books. But I must give bonus to the author for writing such a simple, yet beautiful and descriptive work.

Although each chapter is short, the story behind the characters bears a powerful meaning that I could never describe in words. It's an emotional experience that someone like me have never been through, but to read it as someone elses point of view, makes the author work look delicate but shouldn't be pitied on, more like showing you the point.

By displaying the problems seen within every stereotypical books/movies of the "cheerleader" considered as the "villain," the author manages to attack this unrealistic plot and twist the entire story itself.

I must admit, it is quite gloomy and the amount of negativity continues to build up throughout each chapter, but it's honestly a beautiful tale that follows the ordinary life of a girl wanting to be held, loved and accepted.

An outstanding story done by the writer.