Way to many cliffhangers

WARNING.

The story consists of swearing, violence, blood and other. I do not take any responsibility for your stupidity in continuing to read this review or the actual book itself. You have been warned.

Author: RodneyVSmith

Title: So You Might Be A Vampire

Genre: Vampire and Fiction

Summary:

Nobody told Bob that when he became a vampire, he would still have to keep his day job at the pornshop. Foul-mouthed, sarcastically funny, Bob is completely new to the whole vampire life. His ex-girlfriend hates him, he's addicted to blood, his Vampires Anonymous group failed... and way too people are trying to kill him. There are over 101 ways to suck at being a vampire, and Bob is living proof.

The story you are about to read is intended for mature readers due to its language. It may not be appropriate for all audiences. Please read at your own discretion.

Review:

May I just say how fucking happy I was when I realised this book was finished and the second one came out. I am the type of person to judge a book by its cover, and I'm thankful that I did after reading the summary for this.

I will admit this, boredom will strike you very quickly. You'll grow tired, frustrated and then give up, simply because the author lengthens the chapters with a shit ending every time. I can't differentiate if it's a story or someone's biography, there's some things I don't require to know. Does it even have a value?

Character development, hardly. The main character does change slightly, but his mentality is still the same. His appearance is... non-existenting. It's a brunette I think.

Look, the purpose behind my reasons, is this is a fucking good book.

I enjoyed reading the story and despite my disclaimer, the characters are fucking hilarious. The rare scene of actions is beautiful and puzzling. The occasional problems becomes something to laugh at and it fucks you over when you realise shit is about to get real. Forget about the grammar and spelling, just focus on the plot itself.

The story attacks every stereotypical view of vampires ever written on paper and devours these assumptions because it's merely a theory. Basically, this story is not about a good looking, pale guy searching for his human wife. This involves a grown lazy man, who works and endures a miserable life, trying to survive constantly because he's always getting involved with other people's business.

If you're bored of reading about the girl who falls for the pale, clean, shaved and "he smells of money" type of guy then this is the one for you, because that shit does not exist here. You won't be disappointed, because it shows and teaches things we've never questioned and answered for ourselves. It is somewhat depressing, but the humour backs it up.

Anyways, there is one thing that I have strongly noticed about the way the writer lays out the story... God have mercy.

If you're the 'problem-solving' readers or someone who adapts easily to changes, then this book is for you. I literally recommend it specifically for you. Because if you're like me (who needs to slowly adjust to the settings) you're fucked.

Frankly, I can never understand what's going on sometimes. The writer never continues from the previous location of the story and that's the annoying part. There will be parts that you're hooked on, but it's left for another six more chapters. It's a never ending cliffhanger feeling, a bloody long one as well.

Set from that and the unnecessary amount of jumping locations and almost unbearable explanations given (that I don't get) it's a respectable book.

A really good one.