chapter 4 - Red with Rage

hiya this upload didnt work so im trying again

********

Chapter 4 btw

***

Chapter 4

I decided to walk to school today, instead of the ride in mum's car. Although my bag was weighed down with my overnight gear for Jerry's mum's place, I felt light and happy, knowing that as of 3:15 this afternoon, I was free from school for a weekend.

"Izzy! Isabella! Hi!" James Lewis from my form room shouted my name, and ran across the road towards me.

"James." I said unenthusiastically. Ever since year seven James would always complement me and ask me out places. Even when I came up with the lamest excuses, he was still eager that I was falling for his... 'Charms'

"Wow is that a new top? You look amazing!" James sweet talked.

"No, I've had it for a year and a half. James it's just a plain white tee shirt." I sighed looking down at my shirt, which I'd matched up with my glittery black scarf and jeggings.

"Oh, ok. You still look good though.  Hey do you want to be my English partner for that project we're doing?" he asked eagerly.

"No" I thought that was too harsh so I swiftly added "I'm working with Hannah, sorry, maybe another time."

"That's okay; I'll work with someone else." Lewis looked disappointed, like I'd told him that Christmas was cancelled.

Me and Lewis walked awkwardly to school, the silence was deafening. When we finally entered school I detached myself from Lewis and linked arms with Hannah.

"Ohmigod. Guess what!" Hannah squealed excitedly.

"What?" I said unenthusiastically for the second time in half an hour.

 "There's gonna be a new boy in our form! The week after next, I can't wait!" Hannah was practically bouncing off the walls she was so happy.

"Cool." I answered blankly. Once again I groaned at the thought of yet another boring school day. I had Chemistry, PE (again)   History, Geography and maths... double groan.

Chemistry was so completely boring I felt I lost 4 years of my life, not gained 1 hour of learning. PE was okay, because we were playing netball, the only sport apart from running, I was good at. History and Geography was not bad because for both lessons I sit with Hannah. Then there was Maths...

I sat at the back of the class, in my usual seat. I liked the maths room, because one wall was made from complete glass, overlooking the courtyard.

Mrs.Janson, a young, on-trend maths teacher with ketchup red hair, instructed us to complete questions 9 and 10. We were solving equations which aren't so much of a problem for me and I managed to get through them pretty quick. "Hannah?" an annoying boy with green eyes sitting in front of me turned round, obviously asking for an answer or something.

"It's not Hannah, that's my bezzie, I'm Izzy. I.Z.Z.Y." I corrected him, spelling out my name as if he were stupid.

"Right... whatever. What's up with your hair? It's like really frizzy!" he stared at my hair. I whipped out my pocket mirror and looked for any sign of frizziness. But my hair was fine, tied in a plait with little curls at the tips. I scowled at him from over my mirror.

"Ha-ha... the look on your face. Lucas is right you really are vain!" the boy laughed so much I thought he was going to burst, I wish he would.

"Urghh... you geeks are sooo annoying." I said smugly, as I put my little mirror into my pocket.  The boy in front suddenly stopped laughing.

"I'm not a geek. Take that back." He stood up, his face red with anger. I looked around the class, and I realised that 28 pairs of eyes were staring at us, eager for a fight to arise.

"Well then don't say I'm vain." I stood up too. I wasn't so much angry but more smug. I was willing to start a fight just to break up the boring class atmosphere, as I knew I would win the fight anyway.

"Only if you say I'm NOT A GEEK!" The boy (who I think was called George or something?) stormed up to me, his freckled face right up to mine.

"My mum said for me to not tell lies." I said calmly, as I sat back down. George's face was red with anger, and without warning he slapped me against the cheek. It was a feeble attempt and I didn't even flinch.

"Pathetic. Come on George even a girl like you can do better than that." I stood again, challenging him. Ms.Janson, who had only just realised what was happening, stood from her desk as well.

"Children, sit back down. And do your work." Our teacher said so weakly, even she knew she wouldn't make a slight difference.

"Go on. Hit me. I know you won't because even I'm stronger than you. So don't call me vain and sit down and do your classwork like the good little geek you are." I provoked him.

Suddenly his hand met my face as he slapped me again, much harder. I was surprised by this, because I would have thought someone like him would hurt a girl.

"Sissy!" I hissed as I swung my hand round to give him a massive slap. As soon as I slapped him, he fell to the floor, his cheek red.

"ISABELLA. GO TO THE HEADS OFFICE NOW!" My teacher screamed with all her might. Her small face turned purple with rage, almost matching her wacky hair-do.