chapter one

• Dedicated to Ammaarah Dopey Bhula

HIYA GUYS. THIS IS MY VERY FIRST UPLOAD. ENJOY!!

********************************************

Chapter one - Sunset -

The seagulls squawked noisily above, and the sweet smell of candy floss filling my nostrils. We sat on the pier; his warm hands linked with mine. I can hear his breath as it tickled my neck.  Even though it's past my curfew I don't give a care in the world. I'm with the one person I am ever happy with and no one can take that from me.

"Isn't it time you got back?" he asked.

"Yeah. But I'm not going home. Not now." I stared into his dreamy hazel eyes, silently pleading.

"Are you sure you won't get in trouble?" He asked, stroking my matted hair with his fingers, slowly easing out the tangles. If only he could ease out all the tangles in my life so far.

"They won't even notice I'm gone. Do you want to get something to eat? I still have a fiver from this afternoon if you wanna get some chips or something like that?" I slowly stood up, reaching for my bag.

"Okay then. But please not chips if I eat another chip I will throw up, trust me that's not a pretty sight!" Sam stood up, smiling gently. I giggled, remembering the time we went on the big roller coaster, and he had to rush off to the toilet after, slightly greener than when he got onto the ride.

"How about the sandwich bar a bit further down the pier?" I suggested.

"Sure, come on I'll race ya!" Sam raced down the pier, and he was fast, his long legs barely touching ground. Sure he was fast, just not fast enough. I shot off like a rocket, my matted brown hair flying out behind me. I flew passed Sam, a grin on my face. I felt like I could run forever, leaving behind all my worries and fear.

I got there in no time at all, and Sam was still quite far behind, 3 minutes perhaps? I leant against the glass window of 'jimmy's sandwich bar'.

"Morning sapphire!" Ronald slowly stumbled past. That's the most annoying thing about Cornwall, the crazy old people.

"It's nine in the evening sir. And I'm Isabelle, not sapphire!" why does he always get it wrong?

"Yes, of course! Sorry Hanna dear. Anyway, must be off, I have to get eggs for my breakfast! Bye dear!" Ronald stumbled along the road.

As soon as Sam finally caught up with me, we went inside. Sam (as always)  ordered the bacon, mayo, chicken and olive sandwich, and I went for a simple cheese and cucumber.

"You wanna eat here or inside?" Sam took a large chunk out of his crazy sandwich, mayo dripping down his chin.

"Outside, because the sun is setting, it's like... totally romantic!" I linked arms with him and steered him out of the sandwich bar and onto the pier.

We sat on the edge of the jetty, my warm feet dangling in the ice cool evening water.

"Izzy, you have to go back home sometime. I'll walk you back after we've eaten, and if there still fighting, get your overnight gear and I'll take you to Anna's house okay?" Sam was serious now, and I knew that I would cave in.

"Ok. Fine. I just don't wanna go back. And it's Hannah, not Anna. Stop getting it wrong okay?" I said frustrated.

"Sorry." I knew I had upset him because his eyebrows tangled together and he pulled away from me.

"Sorry I shouldn't have got angry, I just.... I'm scared Sam. I don't wanna go back home. What if there still fighting?" I cried.

"Izzy, don't worry okay? I promise you, everything will be okay in the end, it always is isn't it?" Sam smiled sympathetically. That's when my heart slowly melted. Sam's sweet hazel eyes sparkle and his dark chestnut brown hair softly shaped around his face. Sam hugged me tightly, and I could smell that soft vanilla sent which I crave. The sun was setting, painting the sky splashes of pinks, oranges and a dash of velvet violet.    

************************************************************************************

HOPE YOU LIKED.. READ ON THOUGH, IT GETS BETTER! X