VII

Zip

The arrow cut through the crisp morning air as it landed dead center of the tree.

"You're really good!"

Rin shouted this over to her as he sat comfortably on the sidelines looking on amazed as she shot tree after tree in quick succession. His hands fisted under his chin while his elbows rested on his soft jogger clad thighs.

She glanced over to him a smile playing on her lips as she brought her arms down to her sides closing her eyes and taking in a calming breathe.

Getting back into position she successfully got all the remaining fifteen targets in the jaw dropping time of twenty seconds.

She had moved from target to target swiftly yet silently and rather precisely as the dried leaves glided around her bare feet, eyebrows pulled together in concentration as she pulled arrow after arrow from her satchel down into her bow drawing back lightly then releasing to it's destination and as it reached the textured bark it trembled the slightest bit as it dug deep.

Bringing down her hands for a second time that morning she took in silent breaths of air, chest rising and falling as it filled her lungs.

She then turned to him who was watching her wide eyed and mezmerized and in that moment an idea came to mind.

"Want to see something?"

Coming out of his dazed state he looked over to her.

Drawing his eyes to the forest floor he thought it over as his fingers twiddled away at each other.

" Yeah s-sure."

Smiling even brighter now she lifted her index and middle finger beckoning him over to her.

He made his way standing directly in front of her as he intently studied the details of the soil beneath his feet tucking and untucking his toes in the soft soil.

Tapping his nose with her finger she brought his attention to her granting him with a smile his lightly freckled face mirrored her expression as the light pink danced around on his cheeks bordering on bright red.

Moving away from him she set her sights on a branch housing a delectable fruit above.

Curiosity was prominent in his eyes as he observed her.

Going onto her hands and knees she expertly flipped herself upside down then lowered herself balancing on the undersides of her forearms, positioning the bow and arrow between her toes she bent her torso forward, brought her head slightly upward eyes zeroing in on the plump tuscany yellow pommecythere fruit mainly known as goldenapple hanging on a thin branch.

"Catch."

With the use of her big and middle toe she pulled the arrow back and let go when it was time allowing it to soar through the air freeing the singular apple from the flimsy branch right into his awaiting hands.