IX

The man whom had taken part in Rin's beating stayed in front of them as she held her bow and arrow on him if he so much as dared to step out of line.

In that moment flashbacks of that day and what they'd done before she intervened made an appearance.

Flashing in her mind just as vividly as if she was right back there.

He began to slowly lower his hands taking up a comfortable stance as his right hand reached into his back pocket producing a white pack of cancer.

The gold dipped ends glinted in the sun as he flipped open the flap then proceeded to dip his thumb and index dragging one out while simultaneously pulling a small see through lighter from his front pocket.

As his thumb fiddled with the trigger he began to speak, the clicking sound filling the air.

"Let's cut to the chase shall we sweetheart? I'm a busy man after all."

The endearment sounded rather foul coming from his lips.

Having now lighted the cigarette he eyed her with a somewhat bored expression resting on his features, as if she wasn't a threat to him at all, as if she could do nothing to change the situation.

Well he'd truly underestimated her from what she could see from his body language and that was his first mistake.

The cigarette now stayed rested on the corner of his lips, pulling in a drag he let it out through the side of his mouth.

The fumes went out into a straight line then frayed at the end.

The hazardous smoke danced around in the wind going here and there as if searching for someone else's lungs to infect before giving up and then disappearing completely from view.

He dragged in another breath and let it out slowly while his hand raised to his chin scratching the scruff their noisily.

"You see you've to some extent held me up which I don't appreciate in the slightest. His organs were to be cut out, disinfected and bagged by now for purchase, very gorgeous blue ziplock bags I assure you"

He pulled his silver pocket watch out and glanced over the time then back to her as a mischievous smile tugged at his lips.

"My client awaits these ingredients for a um, what's it now?"

His hand reached up lightly tapping his temple.

"Oh yes some healing oil. So in short hand him over to me time is ticking after all."

Was this man absolutely bonkers.

Hearing this Rin's fingers dug into her, face flat on her back eyes surely closed.

She badly wanted to reassure him, comfort him but she needed to keep her attention on the madman for now, she'd reassure him after.

She let out a humourless chuckle her features still not showing an ounce of emotion.

"I don't know what you're on but I will do no such thing matter of fact I think you should leave, now preferably."

He blew out another puff of smoke just as a chimney would on a cold winter night then let the burnt down cylinder fall to the grass below as he trampled it with his battered looking brown boot.

His eyes focused in on hers then to her arrow and behind her briefly.

He skinned back his teeth in a way she could only liken to a hyenas which greatly unnerved her yet she kept all emotion from her face even though a grimace was making it's way there.