V

They had finally made it home from the river as the darkening of the sky began to cover the forest for the night.

Small critters and a few larger animals scurried into their own dwellings to take shelter from the night and any predators which may deem them worthy of being super.

The sound of male crickets rubbing their leathery front wings together accompanied by the blinking of fireflies lights signaled that night had officially fallen.

As Katana opened her cottage door she did a quick sweep of all rooms while Rin stayed close behind her, his hand clung to the soft material of her dark blue cotton shirt.

Seeing as  no unwanted visitors had somehow gotten in she allowed her shoulders to relax as her frame drooped slightly downwards from being so tensed up at the prospect of an altercation. 

Exhaling slowly she turned and secured the front door shut for the night, cracking open a few windows so as to allow some of the frigid air in.

She then turned to Rin who still seemed to exhibit the happiness from the river albeit looking a bit tired, eyes slightly sloped downwards.

He peeked up at her through frosty eyelashes grey eyes zeroing in on her amber ones which seemed to shine in the dark,

His fingers began to fiddle with the ends of her shirt finding comfort in it's texture.

Her eyes softened at his actions he really was one of the cutest guys she'd every been in the presence of.

His face began to warm at her tender gaze eyes quickly finding the material his fingers were occupied with twisting and untwisting it, his thumb rubbing across it feeling every softly risen fiber.

"I think it's safe to say you enjoyed yourself today hm?"

Under her gaze he seemed to get even more flushed as he usually was around her but calling to mind thoughts of the peaceful river and waterfall he went against himself and smiled finding the courage within to meet her eyes and show her how much he loved and appreciated her taking him.

"I-I did I liked it very much, will you ever take me back?"

His eyes looked big filled to the brim with hope the small amount of moonlight shining through the window glinting off them.

She pat his cheek with a quirk of her lips as if trying to lessen the red still rather present there.

She became somewhat saddened though at the fact that she'd eventually have to carry him back home, here in the forest was no place for such a gentle soul.

The fact didn't make it hurt any less though dare she say it she'd become rather attached and fond of him, her life would just go back to the monotonous days the suffocating loneliness crowding her mind with depressing thoughts.

 Despite the circumstances of them meeting Rin was like a fresh breath of cool summer air blowing life into everything as it swept the cobwebs of her thoughts away clearing away the fogginess of her dull days.

Before he could detect the sadness that had began to encroach on her she replied to him with a reassuring smile dismissing the gloomy thoughts of a Rinless cottage to the farthest corners of her brain to be mulled over another day.

She gently brushed back some of his silky loose curls which had grown just a bit from his forehead her lips still pulled into a smile.

"Of course I will since you liked it that much maybe next time we can go in it's warm all year round."

He bobbed his head curls rolling in the breeze as to convey his enthusiasm for another trip to the river.

His eyes seemed to glaze over the slightest bit curved pale brows raised as his fingers continued to play with her shirt.