|| 12 ||

"Run!" I yelled and started sprinting towards the group.

When Gabriel saw the monster he ran too. It was starting to catch up and I pushed the group to go faster but we couldn't.

It caught up to us and we all fell to the ground. I turned, laying on my back, and saw that somehow everyone else had landed on their backs. Weird. The monster stood on our chests, pinning us to the ground. It opened its mouth and a long, black, slimy, cord-like thing slithered out of its mouth.

The cord moved around like it was deciding which one of us it wanted, finally deciding on Dariush. As the cord slithered towards Dariush's mouth he started to scream even louder. The idiot should have just closed his mouth.

The cord went into his mouth and he stopped screaming. His eyes went wide. The cord started to spew an oily looking black liquid into his mouth. All at once, it was thrown off of us as three little planes shot at it.

We all laid there for a second longer before getting up. I went to go see if the monster was dead. Gabriel grabbed my wrist gently and tried to hold me back but I kept walking and he let go.  I slowly inched towards the body of the monster.

It was cover in small bullet holes and the same black liquid was leaking out of each wound. I got closer and poked it. It didn't move. It was definitely dead.

I turned back towards the group and gave a thumbs up. Braids nodded at me while the boys just looked at me like I was crazy. I mean who could blame them I had, after all, just walked up to, and poked, the monster that had been out to kill us.

I walked back to the group.

"What should we do now?" Alex asked, looking to Gabriel.

"We need to leave and get that key to Dr. Feilding at JPL," Gabriel said as he nodded.

"Yeah, no shit," I muttered under my breath.

Braids heard me and chuckled.

"We could use the bikes," Dariush suggested, "They gave us the lock combinations at check-in."

"Okay. Where are they?"

"Over there." Alex pointed to an area over by the mess hall.

"Okay let's all get supplies and meet over there in twenty minutes," Gabriel said.

We all nodded and walked off in our separate directions to get supplies, or in Braids' case change.