Day 6 - Help

∆^∆^ Ink ^∆^∆

Run.

That's all that went through my head. Run.

The darkness was closing in. Grabbing at me like nasty claws I felt my breath escape me.

It grabbed me, cutting into my bones. It hurt so much, I tried to struggle unable to break free from this monster.

"Help me!" I felt the darkness surround me until it overtook my scarf.

"HELP ME PLEASE!" I screamed out as the darkness finally won. All I could see is black and, for a split second, the silver glint of my tears. All I could feel was pain.

...

I sat up, blinking away the tears that had gathered at the edges of my eye sockets. I opened my palm, realizing that something in it had cut me.

A coil of blue strings were curled tightly around my hand, almost like a snake. I unwound it, feeling the inky black blood seep through my gloves.

I sigh, finally being able to blink the nightmare away. Looking around I see that I'm on Blue's couch. When did I get here?

I see a note on the table next to the arm I was using as a pillow.

Goodmorning Ink!

I

f you're reading this, I'm probably not there. However! Just because the Magnificent Blue is not there to keep you company doesn't mean you shouldn't keep your spirits up!

Feel free to eat anything in the fridge. And stay as long as you please! You're welcome to stay for dinner too.

With much love,
-Blue :)

PS: Me and Dream were worried when we picked you up. Stay safe out in the Multiverse, please? Oh, and you should probably talk to Error.

I put the note down, thoroughly confused. What happened??

I recover from last night, using the empty house to my advantage. The quiet is comforting, yet ominous.

I mix another emotion dose, taking care to pour out each color correctly. "Heh, I really wonder what I did to drain so many, must've been crazy."

Finishing my (mostly) normal morning routine, I walked back to the couch. Tiredly picking the vibrant blue stings up, I tugged on them.

Almost immediately the air in front of me became pixelated. It slowly spread until there was a portal that was a full head's length taller than me.

Weird, Error never summons a portal this quickly.

The red-eyed skeleton soon stepped through the screen, looking bashful. I gave him a confused look, and reached out to air-pat him (as I have done many times before).

"Hey Error..." I said, unsure of how to break the ice that seemed to have formed between us again.

He hesitated, something in his eye sockets flickering with guilt. "What's up? You aren't as cocky as you usually are, and you never respond this quickly."

He hugged his arms, the boney fingers digging into his jacket sleeves. Definitely unsure on how to proceed. Until finally, he made his move.

Shakily, he embraced me in a hug and quickly pulled away, shivering from my touch. I was dumbfounded.

"Error? Where did this come from?" He said nothing and sat in the couch, motioning me to join him. I sit down, careful to keep my distance as to not trigger the other's haphephobia.

"Listen, I'm- I'm really sorry about what I said yesterday." I blinked back at Error.

"What are you talking about? Nothing happened yesterday, I didn't even see you yesterday!" At my words, Error curled into himself.

I shuffle awkwardly, man and I thought we were breaking these walls. They seem to be as strong as when I met him...

"Can I hug you?" I ask, wanting to comfort the skeleton. He nods quietly.

Embracing the glitch, I slowly lean into his warmth. "I don't know what happened Error." I said, starting my comfort speech.

"But-!" I cut Error off before he can start. "But, I know that whatever you said, we would've talked about it right now and we would've found a way to forgive each other."

"I also know, that would have happened if I wasn't such a scatterbrained idiot that went off and forgot it all!"

I lightly rubbed his arm, doing my best to step as close as possible to the fine line he's established.

He sighs and turns to me, mumbling under his breath. "...but you're my scatterbrained idiot." I pretend not to hear, but in my bones I feel the excited tremors.

He pulls me onto the couch, laying down next to me. I stiffen, making sure he's comfortable first, eventually relaxing in Error's arms.

"..I just want to help, y'know? I don't want to hurt you anymore. We're not enemies Ink, not like we used to be." He quietly said.

I hummed non-committally, feeling Error's vulnerability and treading lightly. "I don't want to hurt you either, I would never."

I take a deep breath, "I just don't want you to put walls up again."

"I don't either Ink..." He hesitated. "It just- it hurts sometimes how many feelings I get with you."

"I'm used to the blank Anti-void, I'm used to no shadows obscuring my view, I'm used to the same insanity."

Looking into his eye sockets, my eyelights changing to question marks when I blink.

"But..." He finally looked into my eyes, seeing the small tears. He's finally talking to me.

"I can't get used to the color Ink!" He was crying blue tears now, the same vibrant blue as his string weapons.

"I can't get used to seeing in the dark, I- I don't know how to keep going with these stupid confusing conflicting emotions!" To say I was taken aback was an understatement. I only had one thing I could do, I don't want to lose you to that unnerving broken space.

"...Then let me help Error. Please." He rubbed the tears out if his eye sockets.

"Only if I get to help you Ink."

A/N
PHEW. I'm sorry for not uploading yesterday! As an apology I made this one almost 1000 words and wrote some (hopefully) sweet Errorink.

Also some fun thing I thought of after finishing this.

"Only if I get to help you Ink..."

"...With your shit drawings!" Ink then proceeds to push Error off the couch.

:)
-Flaff