So much more than That

INCLUDES FOUL LANGUAGE
NOT ACCURATE TO THE BOOKS
YOUR POINT OF VIEW

             "Oh. Just forget it. It's nothing" I said. I did promise Malfoy I wouldn't tell.

             Blaise and I stepped back into the manor right before dinner. We had a very fancy dinner, and sat around the table making small talk. "Draco, why don't you play something on the piano?" Said Narcissa Malfoy. She pointed to a large grand piano in the corner of the dining room. "Oh! And Y/N I remember you used to play. Do you still play?" She asked. "Erm- yeah." I responded. Malfoy got up and sat down at the piano. Right when his hands were about to hit the keys, I blurted out "how about we play a duet?" "Oh I think that's a great idea!" Said Narcissa. Malfoy shifted over to the left side of the bench. I sat down on the right side, and rested my hands on the high notes.

             "What do we play?" Malfoy whispered. "Just start. I'll think of something." I said back. He played a couple low notes, that set a dark, depressing, mood to the song. I waited a couple seconds more, and fought with the high keys to try and make it more positive and joyful. The song reminded me of that one fateful day we met under the pine tree. I looked over and shot him a smile. He gave me a side glance and smirked. Our hands glided across the keys in harmony, and filled the room with sweet music. Once the song ended, I got up and sat back at the table.

             Everyone cheered and continued talking. Soon, we went back to the ballroom, to start dancing again. "May I have this dance?" I heard a voice say. I spun around, and saw Malfoy with one hand extended out and the other behind his back. I took his hand and we started dancing. We danced to a peaceful waltz. Just as before, Malfoy pulled me close so that we were touching. I found it increasingly difficult to breathe. "Hey Malfoy, you're not half bad at piano." I said smirking. "Oh yeah?" He said breathily, and chuckled. "You- look really beautiful tonight Princess." He said sheepishly. I blushed and said "you don't look half bad yourself Malfoy." He smirked and said "Thank you Dear". I gulped nervously as he stared into my eyes, almost as if he was trying to read my mind.

             The song ended, and we switched partners. "Care to dance?" Said Blaise. "Sure." I said. I grabbed his hand and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Just snog him already." Said Blaise. I raised my eyebrows. "Where did that come from?!?" I asked him. "I mean it's obvious you like each other. You're red as a tomato." He said. I looked over to Malfoy. He was dancing with Pansy. "Oh. I wouldn't worry about Parkinson there. She was expelled after she nearly killed you." Laughed Blaise.

             "But Blaise, the thing is, I can't like Malfoy." I said. "And why not." He asked lazily. "Well, he told me- you won't tell anyone will you?" I asked him. "I won't." He said. "Okay, well Malfoy is a deatheater." I whispered. "I know." He said. I sighed in relief. "Oh thank god." I said. "But you do know they would have killed you. Right?" Blaise said. "What?!?" I asked shocked. "He said they'd kill him!" I said. "No. He joined to save you and his family. You-know-who knew that you two were friends, so he used you as an excuse to get him to join." Said Blaise.

I felt my stomach twist and a knot in my throat. "Uh- Blaise, I'm going to go talk to Malfoy." I said. "Okay." He responded.

I walked over to Malfoy. He was dancing uncomfortably with Pansy. He was trying to stay as far away from her as possible. I grabbed his arm, and pulled him out of the ballroom. I went outside, and sat down on the marble bench. I felt it start to rain. He sat down, and I slapped his face. I felt tears start clouding my eyes. "What the hell! Sorry for sitting down?" He said. "Malfoy you are so dumb! What the fuck! You said that you joined to save your own life and your family's life!" I said. "Yeah- I did." He said slowly. "What the bloody hell! You didn't think I would find out? That you fucking joined to save my life?"

"Y/N- I had to make sure that you lived." He said quietly. It was pouring rain by now. I saw shining beads of water running down Malfoy's hair and dripping off. His suit was stuck to his skin from the rain, and I felt my dress stick to mine. "Malf-" he cut me off and kissed my lips quickly. "Uh- Malfoy?" I said. "Oh erm- I'm sorry. I'll just see myself out then." He said quickly, and stood up.

I grabbed his hand and stood up to meet him. He stopped and turned around to face me. When I looked into his grey eyes, for the first time, I saw pain. I wrapped my arms around his wet neck and pulled him down to me. I tilted my head and kissed him. I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach, and shivers all over my body as he grabbed my waist with his cold hands. I felt him smile against my lips. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. There were water droplets hanging off of his eyelashes. "Malfoy-never save my life again." I said laughing. He kissed me again and said "I promise nothing" and smirked.

MALFOY'S POINT OF VIEW

I told you I always get what I want.

YOUR POINT OF VIEW

"Y/N, be my girlfriend." Said Malfoy. It was more of a statement then a question. I thought for a moment. Malfoy, a deatheater. But he risked his freedom. His life- all to keep me from dying. I smiled and said "Okay Draco." He raised his eyebrows, surprised. "Draco?" He asked surprised. "Well I think that now since you're my boyfriend, I ought to use your name now." I replied. He smiled to me. An actual smile. I've only ever seen him smirk, but a smile looks beautiful on him.

We continued to dance in the rain until early morning around 12:00. When the party ended, I used some floo powder and their fire place, and went back to the burrow.

I snuck back inside the burrow, careful to not wake anyone up. I quietly tip-toed into Ginny's and room. I quietly opened the door, and saw Ginny and Hermione sitting on the bed waiting for me. "So?" Whispered Hermione. "So what?" I asked back. She smiled and said "how was the ball?" "Oh. Erm- it was alright." I said. I didn't think that I could tell Hermione about Draco and I. At least not yet. I told her about the brightly lit room, the sky with more stars then I had ever seen, and how I had befriended Blaise. I was careful not to talk about Draco at all.

"And that was pretty much it." I said. She looked in awe. "That sounded amazing." She whispered. If only she had known that the ball was so much more than that.

AUTHORS NOTE
hey loves! If anyone is curious what song that you and Draco played on the piano, I posted a video with the song on tiktok. My username is @hufflepuffer20 and it should be the latest video. Again, if you enjoyed this chapter, please vote!! Ily!! Baiii❤️❤️