Karkat Vantas

"I pick... Karkat!" You decide, grabbing his hand, "It'll be fun, and I can protect you."

Sollux snickered, "Yeah KK, let [Y/N] protect you."

The others paired off as well and once everyone was ready, Rose took the lead, "Alright, let's go now."

The group took a moment to gather up their things and headed over to where the haunted house was mostly set up. Once you arrived, Rose stepped forward once again to give a few reminders.

"Give us a moment to get set up," she said, "You'll know when you're ready to come in. You don't have to stay in your pairs but it might be nice to. And most importantly, have fun. We'll see you in a moment."

A few people broke away from the group and followed her inside to prepare. You smiled at Karkat, "Are you excited?"

Karkat shrugged but his expression softened when he saw how excited you seemed. "Halloween is tolerable," he admitted, "And even more so with you I think."

You laugh, "Aww, thanks Karkles, that means a lot."

Just then, the sound of a bell rang out from inside the house and the door creaked open all on its own. The experience was about to begin.

At your request, you and Karkat waited for everyone else to go through part way first so that the two of you would be uninterrupted as you went through. You took a deep breath and followed him into the house.

You immediately noticed the cryptic graffiti scrawled across the walls, the smiley faces betraying the artist's identity. "These sure are, interesting," you say, they really did add to the ambiance.

Karkat frowned at them, "Yeah, Makara has a weird idea of what is and isn't scary. You've got to give him credit for trying though."

You laugh nervously, "Yeah, not scary at all, but good try."

The two of you continued into the next room where the room had been set up to look like a mad scientist's laboratory. At the far end was a table next to the exit where something was covered in a white sheet.

Acting braver than you felt, you puffed out your chest and pointed at the table. "Definitely a jump scare coming," you tell him.

When he didn't reply right away you turned to face him and found a rare smile on his face. "A lab," he said unusually quietly, "How familiar."

You give him a soft laugh and take his hand, "Come on, let's keep going." You head to the door, previous observation momentarily forgotten. You were brutally reminded of it however when you reached to open the door and Kanaya burst out from beneath the sheet, arms outstretched and blood dripping from her mouth.

You screamed, jumping back into Karkat. "Shit, careful," he said, steadying you. "Nice scare, Kanaya."

She smiled, lowering her arms, "Thank you. Would you two like a candy?"

Karkat takes two pieces and gives one to you which you accept gratefully. "You know it's zombies, not vampires that are typically in laboratories, right?" You say around a mouthful of chocolate.

Kanaya shrugged, "I liked the aesthetic. One room down, two more to go." With that, she lay back down under the white sheet and you were free to continue.

You entered the next room and held back a yelp as artificial fog flowed over your feet. Before you could speculate on what this room contained, black shadowy tentacles sprouted from the floor lifting you and Karkat off of your feet.

Karkat let loose a burst of swearing and you squeaked before dissolving into a fit of nervous giggles until you were set down on the other side of the room. You'd barely caught your breath when Rose emerged from the shadows, glowing ominously.

"Two rooms down, one more to go," she whispered, her words sending a shiver of fear down your spine before she disappeared once more.

The two of you continued onwards and you narrowly avoided walking right into a large pool of water. "Careful," you say to Karkat who was following just behind you.

You look out into the room that seemed to drop down right after the door and had been filled with water. The only way forward was a rickety looking pathway of wooden planks.

Plastic vegetation framed the walkway, giving the impression of being deep in the jungles. 

Karkat frowned at the scene before him. "I'm not a huge fan of water," he admitted, "So after you, I guess."

Reluctantly, you stepped out onto the path which creaked beneath your feet but did not seem in danger of collapsing. Confidence building, you continued forward. Halfway across the water, you heard a woosh to your right and turned to see Vriska swinging past on a vine, cutlass brandished.

"On guard!" she declared as she landed on the planks and you screamed while stumbling backwards.

If it weren't for Karkat catching you, you definitely would have fallen into the water and you clutched your chest in panic. 

"Are you okay?" Karkat asked, setting you back on your feet for the second time that night.

You nod, "Yeah, thanks."

Vriska laughed, "Congratulations on not falling, you've passed the final room," she stepped aside to let you pass but couldn't resist giving Karkat a little shove that sent him tumbling into the water.

He emerged in a fit of swearing and you realized that the water was not very deep at all. Vriska cackled, "Oops, sorry."

You held back a laugh and reached out a hand to pull him back onto dry land. "Come on Karkat, we're almost done. You can change into something dry soon."

The two of you went through the final door and emerged on the other side of the house. The rest of the group were already out there waiting. Some looking more scared than others. It also seemed that Karkat was not the only one to get soaked.

"How was it?" Sollux asked upon noticing your arrival, trying not to laugh at Karkat's expression.

"Vriska fucking pushed me into the water, that's how it was," Karkat snapped as Nepeta brought him a towel. He wrapped it around himself with a sigh, "I guess it was also fun though."

"Hey, I for one am grateful you were there," you tell him, "If it weren't for you, I would have fallen over several times."

Karkat actually laughed at this and kissed you on the cheek, "Thanks [Y/N]."

A chorus of reactions came from the others but you ignored them all and just smiled at Karkat before returning the kiss.

This would be a Halloween to remember.

I hope you enjoyed this. Happy Halloween!