Rose Lalonde

"I pick... Rose!" You decide, grabbing her hand, "It'll be fun, and I can protect you."

Kanaya smiled at the two of you teasingly, "I'm sure she'll appreciate that," she said.

The others paired off as well and once everyone was ready, Karkat took the lead, "Alright, let's go now. No time to waste."

The group took a moment to gather up their things and headed over to where the haunted house was mostly set up. Once you arrived, Karkat stepped forward once again to give a few reminders.

"Listen up. We're gonna need a moment to prepare," he said, "You'll know when you can come in. Stay in your fucking pairs and don't be a dick. Oh, and have fun I guess. See you later."

A few people broke away from the group and followed him inside to prepare. You smiled at Rose, "Are you excited?"

Rose nodded happily. "Halloween might be my favorite time of year, and now I'll get to enjoy it with one of my favorite people," she declared and you blushed.

"Well, I'm inclined to agree with you. How could I not."

Just then, the sound of a bell rang out from inside the house and the door creaked open all on its own. The experience was about to begin.

At your request, you and Rose waited for everyone else to go through part way first so that the two of you would be uninterrupted as you went through. You take a deep breath as you cross the threshold of the house.

"The decorations are, umm, very realistic," you say, trying to make conversation as you force your voice not waver. Grotesque puppets and paintings line the wall, making you sick to your stomach.

Rose nodded, "I believe Kanaya was the one who made them. She's quite the artist, isn't she?"

"Quite," you say with a nervous smile. You put your hand on the wall to get your bearings in the dim lighting and shudder when you find the surface slightly damp.

The two of you continued into the next room where the thick cobwebs covered the walls. A coating of dust caked the floor and you kept your eyes peeled for any upcoming scares.

When you saw nothing you took a deep breath and began to make your way across the room. "This isn't so baaaAAHH!" Your sentence was cut off by a scream as a tall gangly figure lunged out from the shadows, hands outstretched.

You jumped back into Rose who steadied you by the shoulders with a soft laugh, "Careful, dear."

You laughed sheepishly and nodded at the figure, who, now that you had a clearer look at him, was simply Gamzee in his scarecrow costume.

"Got you, motherfucker," he grinned lazily, waving long straw fingers at the two of you. "One room down, two more to go," he said and stepped aside with a little bow.

You slipped past him, having calmed your breathing, and Rose followed behind. "I hope this isn't too much for you," she said.

"Of course not," you insist, "He just surprised me, that's all."

Rose laughed, "Lovely, let us continue then."

The two of you entered the second room, not much cleaner than the last, this one was set up to resemble a graveyard. Having learned your lesson with the first room, your gaze lands on a skeleton sitting against one of the tombstones.

Aradia, it had to be. You crept forward, keeping a careful eye on the skeleton. A few steps in, you felt a tap on your shoulder. "Is something wrong, Rose?" you ask, turning around and both of you let out a yelp when you found a skeleton standing between the two of you.

You clutched your chest, feeling your heart pounding and laughed a little. You'd forgotten Aradia had telekinesis. The skeleton waved before collapsing into a pile of bones. You turned back to where you thought Aradia had been with a grin, "Nice one-"

The words died in your throat when you saw that she was no longer there. You turn to Rose, "Where did she go?"

"I'm not sure," she mused, looking around. She took your hand gently and led you forward, "We had better stick together."

You felt your heart flutter, "Good idea."

As the two of you neared the other side of the room, you felt something brush your ankles and you jumped.

Rose leapt out of the way as well and looked down to see a skeletal hand clawing at your feet. You gave the hand a little kick before looking back up just in time to see Aradia pop out in front of you.

"Boo!"

You let out a scream that quickly turned into laughter, "This was awesome, Aradia."

She smiled, "Two rooms down, one left to go."

You and Rose nodded eagerly before continuing onwards to the final room. As you entered you quickly realized that it was a mirror maze. Your own reflection stared back at you a million times over and you were struck by how shaken you looked.

Better try a little harder to act brave, you think to yourself. Suddenly, you catch a glimpse of something green in one of the reflections. You turn to mention it to Rose when you realize that she is no longer by your side.

A slight panic hits you before you remind yourself that this maze can't be that big, or that confusing. If you just keep moving, surely you'll find her eventually. You start making your way through the maze but every now and then, you'd see that flash of green again out of the corner of your eye.

On top of that, you found yourself turned around quite quickly. After a few more seconds of stumbling around, you finally got a clear look at what the green figure was. Zombie Karkat lurched towards you, arms outstretched and groaning.

You squeaked and started moving in what you hoped was the opposite direction. Before long, you saw Rose once more and ran towards her. Or rather, you thought you did, but it was more confusing than you thought because it took another minute before you were together again and by then, Karkat had caught up to you as well.

"Do you know how fucking hard it is to scare two people who are both running around like lunatics?" he grumbled, "The exit is right there, you've passed the final room."

You chuckled awkwardly, "Sorry Karkat." You grabbed Rose's hand so you wouldn't be separated once more and headed for the exit.

"I did not mean to leave you, you know," Rose said as you exited the house, "I thought you were with me."

"That's alright, I didn't notice right away either," you reassure her.

The two of you went through the final door and emerged on the other side of the house. The rest of the group were already out there waiting. Some looking more scared than others.

"How was it?" Jade asked upon noticing your arrival.

"It was great fun," Rose said happily.

"Agreed," you said, "I wasn't even that scared because Rose kept my mind off of everything."

Rose laughed and kissed you on the cheek, "Thanks [Y/N]"

A chorus of reactions came from the others but you ignored them all and just smiled at Rose before returning the kiss.

This would be a Halloween to remember.

I hope you enjoyed this. Happy Halloween!