John Egbert

"I pick... John!" You decide, grabbing his hand, "It'll be fun, and you can protect me."

Dave chuckled, "After his reaction to the movie? I doubt it, but sure."

The others paired off as well and once everyone was ready, Rose took the lead, "Alright, let's go now."

The group took a moment to gather up their things and headed over to where the haunted house was mostly set up. Once you arrived, Rose stepped forward once again to give a few reminders.

"Give us a moment to get set up," she said, "You'll know when you're ready to come in. You don't have to stay in your pairs but it might be nice to. And most importantly, have fun. We'll see you in a moment."

A few people broke away from the group and followed her inside to prepare. You smiled at John, "Are you excited?"

John tried to put on a brave face but you could tell he was feeling just a little apprehensive. "With you, I could face anything," he declared and you laughed.

"Aww, I believe in you."

Just then, the sound of a bell rang out from inside the house and the door creaked open all on its own. The experience was about to begin.

At your request, you and John waited for everyone else to go through part way first so that the two of you would be uninterrupted as you went through. You grabbed his arm eagerly as the two of you entered the house.

John gave you a questioning look and you smiled back, "It's so scary, isn't it?" you said dramatically, "Yup, terrifying. Better stay close to you."

"I'll keep you safe," John laughed, "Well, from ghosts at least. I don't know about other things."

An echoing scream rang out from inside the house as the two of you passed bloody decorations by the entrance. You looked around warily, "Who do you think that was?"

"No one, Nepeta said she would be working sound effects," John replied, "It was probably just that. I'm sure it's not that scary."

You gave him a wink, "Oh but even if it is, I'm fine as long as I'm with you, right?"

"Of course."

The two of you continued into the next room where artificial fog flowed over your feet. Before you could speculate on what this room contained, black shadowy tentacles  sprouted from the floor lifting you and John off of your feet.

You laughed in surprise before noticing his freaked out expression and changing it into a scream instead. You grabbed for his hand and the two of you managed to stay together until you were set down on the other side of the room where Rose emerged from the shadows, glowing ominously.

"One room down, two more to go," she whispered, her words sending a cold shiver down your spine before she disappeared once more.

The fog followed you into the next room but it took on a more yellow shade and you began to feel rather warm. A cackling sound came from the corner but when you looked over, there was nothing there but settling fog.

"Did you see someone there?" you asked John, sliding closer to him.

"No," John said nervously, "Did you?"

You looked around once more and noticed a flash of a pointed tail, "Maybe, you'd better hold me close," you joked.

To your surprise John pulled you into a hug and squeezed you tightly before letting go. "All better?" 

You laughed, "Definitely."

"Who's scaring who here? This is insufferable," Terezi yelled, dropping down from the ceiling in front of you, brandishing a pitchfork.

John yelped and jumped back, "Was not expecting that," he laughed nervously.

"No, you weren't," Terezi agreed, "Two rooms down, one left to go."

She tapped the both of you on the head with her pitchfork and yanked on a rope you hadn't noticed before. "And you're dead," she said before the rope pulled her up towards the ceiling with a cackle.

John shivered, "Did she seem to enjoy that too much?"

You nodded, "Maybe."

The two of you continued onwards, leaving the fog and the heat behind you. Your shiver was not faked this time as you slide closer to John once more. Looking around, you found yourselves in a long hallway with closed doors on either side.

"Do we go through?" John asked, grabbing a door handle. He shook it and frowned, "Locked."

"I guess, we just keep walking..." you said, trailing off as the clip clop of a horse's hooves echoed down the hall.

John looked at you, "Think that's a real horse?"

Before you could answer, one of the doors further down burst open and a headless rider dashed across and through another door on a pitch black horse. The door slammed shut behind the horse and the two of you looked at each other.

John lead the way slowly down the hall until a creak behind you made the two of you whirl around. The rider thundered past again, just as headless as before. You tried to guess who it might be but you didn't remember that costume.

You grinned with anticipation and as the two of you had nearly reached the end of the hallway, the rider emerged from the final door and leapt off the horse.

"You have passed the final room," he said with a bow and you recognized the voice as Equius.

"Great costume," you said.

"It was scarier than my original costume," Equius explained and led the horse aside so that you and John could pass through.

The two of you went through the final door and emerged on the other side of the house. The rest of the group were already out there waiting. Some looking more scared than others.

"How was it?" Dave asked upon noticing your arrival.

"Wasn't scary at all," John said unconvincingly. He glanced over at you and you chimed in to agree with him.

"Yeah, he made it so much less scary than it would have been alone."

John laughed and kissed you on the cheek, "Thanks [Y/N]"

A chorus of reactions came from the others but you ignored them all and just smiled at John before returning the kiss.

This would be a Halloween to remember.

I hope you enjoyed this. Happy Halloween!