𝟬.𝟱

Alyssa Above^

"Omg bitch we're finally in Japan" my friend Alyssa screamed at me. We entered the hotel room we hooked, it was a cute double room with two beds. It was simple and affordable.

"I know right, it took a whole shit of savings but we're here." I replied as I took off my jacket and shoes I dropped myself onto the couch. I hated the thought of wearing outside clothing on my bed.

Alyssa came over to me and sat down, "So what's the plan? We should make a list of places we want to go." She excitedly rambled. "Ohh we can go to that ramen shop my friend was telling me about, ahh wait we can go to that anime place you wanted to go."

I let her ramble on as I recover from the jet-lag. I've always wanted to visit Japan. As someone who was born and raised in the Caribbean, I never got to see different places, so I saved up which took like 3 years  and decide to travel the world. My friend wanted to join, I decided that it would be more safer and fun to have a travel buddy. So far we've been to Brazil, France, and Korea. I never get the hype with travelling but since I started it's amazing, learning about new culture, trying new foods and going to different places, It's so refreshing.

My phone began ringing, "Gimme a sec Alyssa." I cut her off.

"Hi Mommy mi made it, mi just was about to call yuh." I replied as she said hello.

My mom always calls when we visit somewhere new, even though I'm 22 we made a plan for me to call her everyday we land and when we reach a hotel and every few days.

"Alright tank god, yuh alright yuh nuh eat yet?" She asked.

"Tell aunt Judy I say hi" Alyssa said.

"No mammy mi ago get sumn now." I replied " I'll call you later and Alyssa said to tell you hi." I stated then hung up after we exchange goodbyes and love yous.

"Should we eat in the hotel tonight?" She asked, "Or.." she pulled out some pamphlets looking through them. "We can go to this restaurant, then we can hit up this club. I need to see how Japanese party." She replied, her eyes sparkling as she chat.

If you guys haven't notice she's a chatterbox, but I don't mind I've known her for years now she's my closest friend that I have, plus I like her company.

"Sure" I replied, "Wait should we change our outfits? We both had on some cute flare jeans. While I had on a white crop top that paired with my leather jacket and my doc martins, Alyssa had on a pink spaghetti strap paired with her pink wedge heels.

We can just go, the flight wasn't that long we took a shower in Korea, and the two countries is just around 1hr and 40 minutes away.

"Nah we can touch up our makeup and go." She replied as she went to her back searching around as she pulled out her makeup pouch. She sid the same for me. "Laila, did you text Jamal, that you're here?" She asked.  She passed my makeup bag and picked up her phone looking at her notifications. "Girl your man is blowing up my phone asking where you at and shit." She exclaimed, showing me the text messages.

I kissed my teeth and rolled my eyes, "Bruh I told him that I'll be travelling for 2 months. He's so fucking extra." I exhaled. "Just ignore his ass." I told her.

"Okay girl." She replied as she place down her phone, we began retouching our makeup. I finished my outlining my lips with my brown eyebrow pencil then my lipgloss. I gave myself a quick kiss in the mirror.

"Bitch we look so good," she replied. We sprayed some perfume and took some snaps. I posted it to my snap then regretted it. But he was faster than me, Jamal texted me asking me where Im at and I don't care about him.  I didn't even reply, I don't want that type of energy right now, I'll text him later. I brushed my hair back. I'm thankful my silk press stayed in. Sometimes this shit will last for a day and thats it but Alyssa showed me a new product I can use to make it stay longer. I did my silk press like 6 days ago and it's still looking sleek and pressed. I added some hair sheen for it to look shiny and moist.