Chapter 6 - Ridin' Solo

A-N~

Yellow!

This is a filler chapter, and let me warn you, there is a hunting scene in here. The plot may seem weird to you. But alot of this story might seem out of the ordinary to you! But anywhoo here it is, enjoy!

-Peace<3

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FAN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EVANA'S P.O.V.

Slowing to a trot, I decided to stick around in the area I was in for a while. I got off of Darkforest territory about 4 hours ago but I decided to keep going to cover more land faster and get further away from them. And boy was that excercise coming back and biting me in the ass.

After I was satisfied I had no audience, I found a large old tree that had its roots in a circle-like formation, making it look like an inviting bed with all the soft fluffy grass nestled there. Shifting back to my human form, I slipped on a random pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt before sitting down between the tree roots.

Laying down I looked up at the slightly darkened sky and sighed from exhaustion. The ceremony was at noon. Glancing at my watch I realised that it was about 7 o'clock. 7 hours. The girl who never got trained as a werewolf, just ran 7 hours. Letting out another breath I closed my eyes, no wonder why I was so tired.

As I watched the clouds pass through the dull sky above me, I became lost in my thoughts. What the hell was I supposed to do now? I had two options, live in the forest and mark my own tiny chunk of territory on the large mass of unclaimed land, or just stick to my human form completely.

I debated mentally, and weighed out my options. After about twenty minutes of thinking, I think option one sparked for me, but it was reckless!

But who am I kidding? I was only seventeen and I just pointed out to myself the fact that I was untrained. But if I was to live in "The Human World" everyday, I would have to provide for myself, meaning I would need to get a job. No one would hire a homeless, girl who pretty much dropped out of school.

Although, there is one thing about me a lot of people don't know. When I come across a challenge that catches my interest, in never back down.

Right now, option one stood out to me like the lights in Vegas. Doing this would be a challenge alright, but I'm up for it. It's time I stepped out and started living independently. I was in charge of my life now, and right now I had the perfect opportunity to start over with my life, and I wasn't going to let it slip away.

This time there was no one holding be back. No Dalton, Andrew, Christy or the rest of my pack. I could live by myself, freely, no rules. I would have to learn as I go and learn to provide for myself. But I want - need - a new life, a fresh new restart, a blank slate.

I wasn't going to live in my past anymore, it happened already, there was no changing it. Right now I had more important things to focus on, my future, and rebuilding my life for myself.

But one thing was for sure, my heart has hardened, and it might be a challenge for people to get through its new barricades.

Bringing my backpack in front of me, I rummaged through it and pulled out a granola bar. If I was going to do this, I needed some food first! Peeling back the silvery reflecting wrapper, I took a bite and opened the front pouch of my backpack. Sticking my hand in, it landed on a plastic baggie that I don't think I put in. Suddenly remembering that Alpha Max snuck something into my bag, I pulled it out anxiously.

Undoing the strip on the top, I turned the bag over and spilt the contents in front of me. Picking up the first thing that I touched, I opened my hand revealing a small sleek sliver Samsung flip phone. Putting into my sweatshirt pocket I continued, my hand landing on a beautiful leather wallet, with a paw print stitched in along with my name. Opening it, I felt my eyes slightly bug out at the amount of 20's and 50's hidden inside. I spotted a card in one of the slits, and took it out, a note folded along with it. Reading the note I felt my jaw drop and my eyes really bug.

Dear Evana,

One day we might not be around anymore, and if you are reading this we've probably moved on now. We told Alpha Max about this, and asked that if anything ever happened to us, he'd be sure to give this wallet to you.

Inside there is about 2 grand in cash, and about 350,000 dollars on the credit card. Another 250,000 is going to your brother (Don't tell him you got more!) and the leftovers are off to donation. We know you'll grow up to be a wonderful woman, and we'll be watching you all along.

Well, pays off to have doctors as parents, eh? :)

Love,

Mom and Dad <3

I stared at the paper for at least 3 minutes and the shock still didn't register through. Holy shit!

350,000 DOLLARS?!?

Blinking I put the wallet on the bottom of my backpack, still in a slight daze. Setting my hands onto my lap, my finger brushed against cold metal. Looking down, I almost gasped at what I saw. On my lap sat one of the most beautiful pistols I've ever seen. My fathers.

Running my fingers along the intricate designs, I remembered my father always carrying this. The swirls were engraved beautifully all over the gun, the beautiful silver gleaming in the dulling sunlight. The semi-automatic 9mm pistol had a beautiful pearl grip, and along with a stunning gold trigger. Slipping that into my backpack too, I laid back and sighed. I need to be strong. If not for me, then my parents.

I felt sleep slowly start to crawl over me and with one last look and sniff around, I gradually fell asleep to the calming surroundings of the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I groaned as eyes stung while all I saw was red underneath my eyelids. Groggily opening them, I immediately regretted it, since I was staring straight at the sun. Shutting the again I lazily sat up and stretched, then opening my eyes after turning my head opposite the sun.

Strecthing, I stood up and glanced at my watch that read 8:00 AM. Bending down I opened my backpack and pulled out a brush, and redid my ponytail then stripped all my clothes and shifted.

Taking the bag into mouth I decided that if I wanted to live out here, I should move to land that was closer towards town. Sprinting, my paws thumped against the ground as my huge wolf moved through the trees. I slowed instantly when I came to the perfect area.

To my left was a beautiful creek, it's clear blue waters reflecting in the sunlight. There was a small area, just about as big to be a camp site that was free from trees. But right were it ended, threes surrounded everywhere creating a beautiful scene.

This was it, the spot was perfect. It was about 5 miles from the town but well hidden. It wasn't that far for a werewolf, it'd be a pretty easy run.

Jogging over to a tree, I embarrassingly marked the tree with my urine and clawed marking onto the bark. I continued doing this with quite a few trees before I created a five by five mile square perimeter of newly claimed territory. Just enough for a wolf.

Walking back to the open grass of my new territory, I layed down and tucked my paws underneath me. After about 10 minutes of pointless laziness, my stomach growled. I guess now would be a good time to sharpen my hunting skills.

Standing up again I dragged my backpack over to a nearby tree. Grabbing my backpack into my mouth, I stood on my hind legs and placed my front paws on the tree. A good thing about being a werewolf is that your wolf is the size of a bear at the smallest.

Putting the straps of the backpack securely on a slightly higher branch, I dropped back onto all fours and ran into the forested area. Once I was deep enough, I lowered myself so I had my underside to the ground and my head just as low. I kept still and focused on my senses, my eyes dilating and my ears alert for any sound.

I gave in to my wolf completely and pure instinct was my motive. A new scent wafted to me, and my body tingled with anticipation. Prey.

A moment later a buck came into view and I felt my body move automatically. With extreme stealth I sprinted to my prey. In one precise swift motion I had it motionless beneath me after I ended its life quickly and painlessly with the snap of its neck.

If I hadn't submitted to my wolf my human would've probably objected but to my wolf this was how life worked, and this was my meal. I chose to live this way, I had to deal with the tough parts.

After I finished, I went back to the clearing and to the creek. Dipping my paws and snout in, I washed the blood off my white fur before laying in front of the tree that held my backpack. I licked myself dry before sighing contentedly.

So what am I now? I'm a one man show now. I won't call myself a rogue, to me they are completely different from what I consider myself to be. They are on a slightly different state of mind and have lost their humanity.

I'm definetly not that, well not that I know of, of course. I guess it just me myself and I.

I'm Ridin' Solo.