DALTON'S P.O.V. : Chapter 5 - Asta Lavista, Alpha

"I, Alpha Maxwell Adam Lawrance wholeheartedly, respectfully, and formally agree to passing my Alpha duty, responsibility and power to my son Dalton."

In exchange, I rose my hand also, and said, "I, Dalton James Lawrance loyally and respectfully accept my new duties as Alpha, Leader and protector of the Darkforest Pack."

Just as I finished my vow, a feeling of power seemed to wash over the crowd and through out my body. I felt my self glowing with excitment and anxiety. This is it! I'm finally Alpha! With that thought I mentally did a fist pump, and managed to stop myself from doing it for real.

Immediatley everyone kneeled before me in their order of ranking. First the pack members below us, next the Third in Commands, then Andrew and Evana, the Betas. Then lastly my father and former Alpha slowly lowered himself to his knees before me, pride etched onto his face.

Silence engulfed everyone while they sat and watched as I took a deep breath and looked  over my new pack. I felt an invisible weight being put on my shoulders.

This was my responsibility now. It's now my job to make sure that these people are protected, fed, housed and healthy. Most importantly, love and acceptance from each other. My mood faltered slightly, at how our pack had failed with that already. We failed Evana as a pack, and I failed as the son of an Alpha and her mate.

But what's done is done. There's no turning back now.

 I looked over to the Elder, who placed a hand on my shoulder and with a warm smile said, "Congrats, to Alpha Dalton, the new leader of Darkforest Pack!"

Everyone rose to their feet and cheered, causing a grin to spread across my face.

Suddenly a high pitched nasal like voice screeched out, interupting everyones cheers, "Dalton! I'm so proud of you baby! You're finally Alpha!"

I internally groaned as I recognized the voice. Christy. Lord help me now.

Looking around I searched for her, my eyes landed on none her and I almost scowled. She was wearing shorts so short her ass was just about falling out of it. Her tank top - correction- crop top was so high you might as well have called it a bra. Any other day I would have had her screaming already, but ever since I found Evana as what she really is to me, I never saw a girl that way again. She ran out of the group and stumbled up the boulders in the things that are defined as shoes to her.

'More like stilts' my wolf said, disgusted. I rolled my eyes mentally and plastered a fake smile onto my face.

Once she finally made it up she ran up to me and threw her arms around my neck. Before I could even respond she forced her lips on on mine and practically ate my face.

I heard a low, but loud growl to my right and I saw Evana looking like she wanted to slice Christy's throat, chop the body to pieces, incinerate them and dump the ashes into all 5 oceans. And holy shit did she look hot!! I could swear I even felt my mouth slightly water. I watched as her hands balled up into fists and her body shook with mixed emotions.

Hearing Evana's sound of annyoance and disapproval, she detached herself me, allowing my to finally breathe. "Oops, forgot about your worthless mate over there. My bad!"

I barley managed to supress a growl as a smirk spread across her face. She trailed her manicured nails down my chest before saunturing her way closer towards Evana. She swayed her hips, looking like a complete slut, which she was. If she thought it was attractive, she needs a new strategy. Big time.

When she got to Evana, she scowled and sized her up.

"You better get over the fact that Dalton rejected you, bitch. He's mine." she stopped fliping her hair over her shoulder. My eyes widened, I was about to retort but she continued, cutting me off.