Chapter 2 - Happy Birthday To You

~A/N

Hey guys, sorry this chapter is a little late, it crashed on me when I was pretty much done and it wasn't able to recover any of it. So I'm going to try to do my best to redo it, sorry! Enjoy anyways! Comment, Vote, and fan if you can too please :]

-Peace

P.S.-The point of view might change a lot in the chapter, so sorry if that bugs you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2 - Happy Birthday To You

Beep, Beep, Beep!

Groggily, I reached my hand out in attempt to find that annoying contraption that we call the alarm clock. Once, I finally stopped it, I basked in the peaceful silence and warmth coming from my window for a minute. Sleppily, I pulled myself out of the warmth of my bed and placed my feet on the hard, cool wooden floor. While stretching I glanced at the clock and almost screamed.

8:15 AM

"The party!" I yelled to myself. I got up and ran to the bathroom and started the shower while grabbing the towel and clothes I had already set out the night before.

Hopping in the shower, I let the warm water cascade over my body and let out a relaxed sigh. Today was Dalton's18th birthday, also the day that he would gain the ability to find and spot out his mate. So that made this day even more important. Not only would he find his mate, but also the future Alpha female, or Luna for our pack. It was mandatory for all the unmated females in our pack to go to the party so it would be easier and faster for him to find his mate. But of course, me being the hated one of the pack, I had the burden of setting up the whole party put on my shoulders. And I was a little behind schedule.

I wonder who his mate would be? I wouldnt be surprised if it was Christine or one of her minions. I laughed mentally at that.

While I washed my body and hair, I went through a mental checklist of the nessecities I had gotten before. Balloons? Check. Streamers? Check. Catered Food? Ordered. Custom Cake? On its way. Dalton's favorite local band? Booked. Lights, plates and silverware? Check, check, and check. Everything in Blue and Green? Double Check. Now to just put it all together.

I stepped out of the shower and threw on a pair of light grey capris with a neon pink tank top. Towel drying my hair till it was damp, I threw it up into a tight messy bun. I walked out of the bathroom and stopped at the top of the stairs. "Let's do this."

**********************

Standing in the huge backyard of the pack house, I looked around proudly. Everything was ready to go. The band was behind me, setting up and testing everything in preparation for later on. I had all the tables set, bright blue table covers with lime green silverware and table accents. At the center of each table was a vase filled with water and fish along with a candle that floated above them. The buffet table was already decorated too, waiting for the food that would come later. The pool was surrounded by twinkling blue and green fairy lights, waiting to be turned on.

I crossed the dining area and walked over to the mound of boulders we have here. This is where we always had our pack meetings. Our Alphas throughout the generations have always stood up there whenever addressing the pack. Soon Dalton would be standing up there, with my brother alongside him as Beta. I sighed sadly and started to string a banner across the largest boulder where they always stood.

Right when I finished I heard the patio doors open behind me. Jumping down, I turned around to see Alpha Max stepping outside.

"Alpha!" I jogged over him and got pulled into a tight embrace. Alpha Max has always been the closest thing I've had to a father figure in my life after my parents died. He's all I have left. My brother doesn't really count, even though I love him. He's disgusted and angered that he's even related to me.