Awkward

"That was weird." I said, after tucking Vanny into bed. The rabbit had climbed on my shoulder and we were on our way to the cafeteria. My stomach growled and I felt a little light headed.

     Vanny had fallen asleep quickly after I had finished singing. The song that put him to sleep was the same one that Dulce had always sung to me when I would have my memory nightmares. She sang it in such a beautiful voice. In fact, her voice was so beautiful and calm, that no matter how much I tried I could never stay awake to the end of the song.

     Suddenly, my knees failed on me and I fell to the ground. I was collapsed right in front of the staircase. Well, at least I made it this far... I can't be this weak, can I? I hadn't eaten in two days, and when I did eat, I was rushed.

     The rabbit had jumped off my shoulder and shook it's fur. As soon as it finished, it ran off towards the cafeteria and left me behind. My mouth dropped in astonishment when I didn't see it anymore. She left me!?

     How dare you? I trusted you and you left me... I only thought that happened in true love stories. Why?... Why?... Why... am I sounding like a human girl who just got dumped?

     "Hey, useless." Oh crap... I turned my head slowly to see Lucas standing behind me with his arms crossed across his body. His emerald green eyes had a hint of red on the outside ring.  "What are you doing?" He eyed me up and down with one eyebrow raised.

     I glared at him. "Praising the floor for being sooo amazing and looking good." I sarcastically snapped at him. He twisted his mouth in disgust and sighed.

     He walked over to me and grabbed my hair. He pulled my hair, which in turn pulled me to my feet."Hey! You piece of CRAP!!!" I shrieked when the pain shot through me.

     He pulled me to my feet and nonchalantly said, "I just thought you needed help. I mean, you don't need to be so hung up on the floor, you might actually get a real boyfriend one day..." His eyes suddenly became dull, giving him the far-off look.

     I rolled my eyes and tried taking a step forward. My knees went weak again and I fell in slow motion. Crap! I shut my eyes and waited for the ground to hit me... It never came.

     I opened my eyes slowly and noticed that I was still standing, but there was an arm around my waist that kept me front face planting. The hand tightened on me and held me there.

     Umm... I could feel the uncomfortable tension in the air. "Umm..." I heard Lucas hesitate.

     After about thirty seconds that seemed like an eternity, the arm finally let go and spun me around. I was face to face with Lucas. He gave me a look that made me feel like an idiot: the 'do you need my help?' look.

     I sighed. If I'm going to survive today's challenge, I'm going to need my energy and to get that, I need to get to the cafeteria to eat. But, I really don't want him thinking I'm weaker than he already thought I was.

     Right then, my feet left the ground and I was hoisted up. When I finally got out of my confusion, I saw that I had been lifted up onto Lucas' shoulder, fireman style.

     "You look kind of hungry... Let's go." Lucas said as he started heading in the direction of the cafeteria.

     My face felt like it was on fire. The embarrassment made me duck my head down in shame. I could just die right about now... The realization of what I had said had hit me as being so true.

     Lucas walked to the cafeteria, but right before we entered, he took a sharp turn in the opposite direction.

     "What the hell are you doing!?" I demanded. He just kept on walking as if he hadn't heard a thing. He bumped me up on his shoulder a little higher.