Breakfast

I tip-toed back to my room. Looking over my shoulder to Lucas' room, I noticed some dents on the door. He must've been scared out of his mind! I smiled and turned to my room.

     The door was wide open and everything was just how I had left it. I shut the door behind me and ran over to the closet. I sighed relief as I saw the rabbit still sleeping comfortably on top of some of my clothes. " I guess you don't wake up when the world is ending." I said to myself.

     I closed to closet door softly and jumped on my bed. I turned my head towards the digital clock on my desk. 5:41 a.m.  I sat up and crossed my legs. I started recalling everything that had happened over the last day and a half. Why were my memories coming back, why did everyone I meet hate me, what was going to happen to my friends? The it hit me, What's gonna happen to me?

     I wasn't even sure I was going be alive in the next hour. My mind started racing and I couldn't get past the thought of death. I snapped out of it about ten minutes later. 

     I walked over to the bathroom and got undressed. I got into the shower and turned the faucet. I shrugged off what had happened and took a nice, long shower.

     I got out and looked at the clock. 6:05 a.m. I got dressed quickly and picked the rabbit up. It was still sleepy so I held it instead of letting it climb up to my shoulder.

     I headed out the door and starred at dorm 99. I slammed the door behind me and heard a crash in Lucas' room. He cussed and thrashed around.

      I laughed a little louder than I meant to. Footsteps came closer and closer to the door. I jumped and ran down the hall. I reached the stair case and turned around. 

      Lucas opened his door and looked around confused. His hair was a mess, yet it looked like it was naturally meant to be that way. He was shirtless and some muscles were showing. Compared to three years ago, he was just a wimp that nearly ended my life. Now he could strangle me without even trying. He looked over at me and his eyes flashed red for a second. Then he turned around and disappeared behind his door. 

     I started walking down the stairs. I turned towards the cafeteria and walked faster than normal. As soon as I got there Jill waved at me from across the room. I waved back and went to get my food. If I die, I want to do it with a full stomach. The tray wasn't as full as usual, but your appetite tends to shrink when poison is involved.

     I looked back and saw Lucas sitting down next to my spot. I sighed and headed over there anyways. 

      As soon as I reached the table, Lucas scooted over to my seat. I tried moving over to sit where he had just been, but he scooted there too. This went on for another minute or so.

     That was, until something snapped in me. I smiled mischievously and when Lucas looked up at me his eyes grew wide. For a second I thought I saw some fear in them. That was the second right before his face was in his cereal and my fist was digging into his ribs.

     " Screw with me again," I whispered into his ear, " and you won't get away that easily." I sat down in my seat and looked up from my food. Jill, Amy, and Sawyer all gazed at me in awe. The rabbit placed herself on my shoulder. I fed her some carrots. 

     The first one to speak up was Amy. " So... did you ever name your rabbit?" 

     I shook my head and swallowed oat meal. No one spoke for the next twenty minutes. It felt awkward not having anyone talk.

     I ate the rest of my food without dying, so that was a big bonus. I looked at Jill, she looked over towards Sawyer and asked him about Mutsy. Amy joined in and they started having a conversation of their own.