Setting Decoys

The muscles in my body were sore but not screaming in pain.

     "Well, good afternoon sleeping beauty." Ty came into my line of vision.

     "How long did I sleep? What time is it? Where am I?" Top three questions that seemed most relevant at the moment.

     Ty lifted me up so that I was sitting on a bed. " You slept all afternoon. It is currently 6p.m. Finally, I booked us a hotel room so that we could crash here for the night." He got up and looked out a giant window that faced the mountain we went around earlier. "Might I add miss Ziana, that your snore remind me of a pig in labour."

     I threw a pillow at his head. "How dare thee, sir Tyler? Accusing a lady of such inappropriate mannerisms." I got up from the bed and headed for the bathroom.

     "A lady?..." I shot him a mimicking glare and he slid down the wall as if he had been shot with a gun. "Oh, my!"

     As soon as I entered the bathroom, I took off my clothes. I was pretty relieved that Ty had only taken on the snow storm gear and hadn't actually replaced all my clothes.

     Once I got the hot water running, I stepped into the shower and began my blissful decent into my own world. In my world, I wondered what was happening with Jill, Amy and Sawyer. I never heard Vanny mention a word about them since I was resurrected, but then again, I never asked.

     A loud knocking came from the door, breaking me away from my thoughts.

     "Come on. You've been in there for twenty minutes already." Ty's voice came from behind the door. "We have to be out there by seven, that's when they're sleeping!"

     That's right... because Heaven and Hell literally go opposite of each other. The human sleep schedule was picked up by the angels whom 'protect and serve the innocent during the day'. While Hell chose to creep around at night because 'that's when all the fun begins'.

     I stepped out and left the bathroom, you could see the steam leaving it and entering our room. I had put on the same winter clothes over a dress and leggings. My eyes quickly glanced at the bed where Ty was just sprawled out as if he could just sleep forever.

     "Why do we only have a queen? Where is the other bed?" I asked him, trying to tie up my combat boots.

     "Because,", He got up and came towards me, "we're gonna need the body warmth." 

     "Okay." I shrugged. I've slept with him before... like over one hundred years ago.

     We got our survival bags and headed out the door. 

     As soon as we stepped out, I was caught off guard by the amount of happiness and laughter that surrounded me. Ty seemed a little distracted, but at the same time he seemed at bliss.

     "Where is the location?" Ty asked.

      I took out the map and studied it. There was a giant red 'X' towards the bottom of it. "About 4 miles south east. It'll take us an hour to get there."

    "Plus an hour or two to make sure the decoy is up and running smoothly." His eyes darted from side to side. This place is probably crawling with angels. By now they should be on high alert, knowing that Hell is on the surface.

     We walked the rest of the way in silence. The loudest thing that was audible coming from either of us was probably the heavy sighs that would escape every so often.

     When we finally made it, night had completely taken over the sky above. The new moon was barely visible, and clouds were scattered, covering the stars.

     "So..." Ty said. We began unpacking our bags. Wires and metal poles/bars came out of his bag, while mine had blueprints and tools. "What demon powers do you have?"

     "The basic ones." I replied, focusing on the instructions to our possible demise. "Night-vision, ninja sneak and reflexes, and being nearly invincible/ indestructible. Why?"

     Ty came over with the poles and the wires. He placed them down and started organizing them. "Just wanted to know that you weren't completely powerless. Plus, we haven't seen each other in ages, I sort of wanted to catch up."

     I smiled at him and he smiled back. Leave it to my closest friend to actually get any emotion out of me.

     We continued working for the next hour and a half, making as little sound as possible. It didn't really help that the drill was louder than some fire alarms, but we couldn't do anything about that. In the end we decided to lodge the distraction underneath a frozen lake, that way the angels would think that we were trying to hide the last portals.

     My hands were freezing on our way back to the city. I looked over and saw that Ty was shivering as if it were an Olympic sport. I reached my arm out and looped it around his arm.

     "Man,", Ty said, "and here I was thinking about taking us out to eat something nice and fancy. But I think we might freeze before we get there."

     I snapped my head at the thought of food. "We can make it! Just have to lose a few limbs, but otherwise, let's go!" I sped up and heard Ty's deep chuckle behind me.

     We made it back at around eleven, and the street was lit up with lights. There were a couple of people out and about, but most the town seemed to have already gone to bed.

     "What do you feel like eating?" Ty asked, his nose and cheeks were pink from the freezing temperature.

     I thought about it for a moment. "Mmm... How's about something Norwegian? I mean, we are here and I would love to see what traditional foods they have."

     Ty seemed to be surprised. I tilted my head to the side and shot him a questioning glance. He shook his head and smiled. "Sorry, I just didn't know you liked to try new things, or at least test different things."

     "Hehe." My black demon-heart felt something tug at it. "Then get ready to learn more about me over dinner, buddy."

    "I'll hold you to your word." Which is a lot, considering what we are.

&&&&&

    THANKS FOR READING THE CHAPTER!

     i'M NOW MAKING THEM OVER 100 WORDS A CHAPTER SO I HAVE THINGS TO WRITE FOR THE NEXT ONE!

     COMMENT ON HOW YOU THINK THIS STORY SHOULD GO! :)

    LOVE YOU GUYS!!!