8.) Double Dates

Emily Kidder. Cousin of Tommy Kidder. Singer, dancer, actress. Lives in Iowa with her parents. Visiting Tommy for the spring and summer seasons. Age: 18. Only a year younger than Tommy.

“She’s. Perfect.” I whined.

“No she’s not.” Libby defended.

“This was a stupid idea. It’s really creepy too.”

“Then why did you agree to it?” She asked with raised eyebrows as we continued to glance over the laptop screen that was displaying Emily Kidder’s Facebook page and Twitter account.

“Because you talked me into it!” I wailed. “Now finish getting ready, we can’t be late.”

“Of course not.” She smirked, causing me to stick my tongue out at her.

I was wearing a simple light pink blouse with really dark skinny jeans with black heals. Libby insisted on straightening my hair and I only put on some mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss for makeup. Libby was wearing a purple sundress, which was very cute. Her hair was naturally straight and her heals were white.

“Don’t be nervous.” She told me, noticing that I was a jittery mess and sick to my stomach.

“This was a stupid idea.” I told her. “Why did I ever open my big mouth? This is so freakin’ stupid.”

“But I’ll be right beside you the whole time, so it’s going to be okay. And next time she approaches you, I’ll be there with you.”

“Thanks.” I chuckled as we made our way down the stairs to the limo that was expectantly waiting outside Kale’s house. We were about half way there when Emily’s bright red hair caught my attention as she and Kale made their way out of his house, holding hands, towards the limo.

She looked gorgeous- like always. She was wearing a baby blue dress that came right above her knee and gray, ribbon pumps with her hair in a limp pony tail. Kale was wearing a fancy shirt and jeans- he looked really good in those jeans. And everything else that he wore. Man, he was hot.

“Libby, this is, uh, Kale.” I broke the awkward silence. “Kale, Libby.”

Libby didn’t try to hide her glare and I rolled my eyes, bracing myself for whatever she was about to throw out there. “Hi.” She said curtly. Well, that was better than what I’d imagined.

“Hey, it’s nice to meet you.” Kale said slowly, obviously sensing her distaste for him.

“I don’t like you.” Libby stated. “It’s like, best friend rule number one.” Yeah, that was more like it.

“Um… okay.” He said awkwardly.

“Libby.” I hissed quietly.

“What?” She asked innocently. “I’m just saying…”

“What are you doing here?” Emily asked to something behind me. I spun around to see Brendon coming out of Ryder’s house and making his way to us.

“Nice to see you too, Em.” Brendon grinned. “Libby invited me.”

I looked at her shocked and confused. But mostly confused as she grinned innocently at all of us, waiting for her explanation.

“Yeah, you see I figured that this would be really awkward, I mean a guy and a girl with the guy’s ex and her best friend. Can you say awkward, right? So I invited Jackson but he said… well, it doesn’t matter what he said, but he refused so he asked Ryder West who also refused for reasons I won’t be explaining and then he said that he’d ask Isaac who has a date with Elle so he asked the twins. You are twins, right? One of which is busy.”