Chapter Four

Sarah loved the fact that she was a college student. The freedom that she had experienced was overwhelming. The freedom of choosing what classes to take, the freedom of where she could go ,and would want to do. There was a endless list of parties that she was invited too. It was a lot to take in, as Sarah sighed in defeat.

She was in a dorm this year. Which opened many doors to her independency.

Remembering last year she had commuted from school from her parents home. She loved her family, ever since facing the goblin King five years ago, she knew that her family was more then important to her.

Her and Karen had improved their relationship, and could even call them the best of friends.

Her and Toby's relationship was better. Now that she lived on Campus she didn't see her brother as much, but their relationship had taken off, and she loved Toby. Knowing, that if Toby did anything that she would forgive him automatically.

Sarah had finished unpacking the last of her things. It had been two weeks since the start of the new year , even though Sarah liked the freedom. She missed her family.

Taking her time unpacking and not rushing the inevitable of moving her life forward. Even if it was unpacking her things, that no more then two weeks ago, had been at her house.

A knock came to Sarah's door. With one last look of the empty contents of the box, Sarah had walked to open the door. That's when her face broke into a big smile.

"Leif you made it!" Leif was Sarah's blind-date. Her roommate, Celia, had set it up. Leaving nothing but a note on her bedside table, that Leif was going to be showing up. Sarah thought Celia was helpful adding a description of him on the note.

Leif had long raven-hair. His complexion was pale like mine with blue-eyes that made the rest of his features blend in well. He also wore a pair of blue jeans, and a tight black shirt.

"Yeah, Celia left a note. Saying the room number so it wasn't that bad searching for it. "

'Leave it to Celia,' Sarah thought. Sarah smiled, and opened the door further to let Leif in.

"I see you finished packing. " Leif said as he directed his gaze towards the empty box on the carpet.

"Yeah, I know it's two weeks into the new year. But I didn't want to rush it you know?"

"Believe me. I know, I still have tons of boxes to be rummaged through. But maybe that's because I'm a guy and I'm too lazy sometimes to find the time to organize through it. "

Sarah laughed, and grabbed her sweatshirt by her closet. "You ready?" Leif nodded, as Leif left first followed by Sarah as she closed the door, and inserted her key. Making sure the door was locked. With a quick tug, Sarah smiled as her door was indeed locked.

Leif and her walked side by side to a little cafe, that was located near the campus. Leif had made jokes and to Sarah's surprise had a lot in common with him.

She was going to be honest, when she thought that Celia was going to make her go on a blind date. She openly said she didn't want to.

Now sitting in-front of this guy, her thoughts changed. Morphing into thoughts of other dates she had been on.

But finding herself comparing every boy she had been in a relationship with, and comparing them to the guy who had kidnapped her baby brother.

She didn't say his name.

Remembering, all words held a bit of power.

She was lost in thought, that Leif was standing right in-front of her.

"Did you hear me Sarah?"

"What?"

"You ready to go?"

Sarah nodded. She took his hand when Leif had offered it and were now walking back to her dorm.

Leif's grip had tightened around her hand. Stopping her mid-step. Sarah, looked at Leif, he had a serious expression written among his face.

Sarah was about to ask, when a ball of glitter sprayed over them.

Sarah could feel eyes upon her back, slowly she turned around.

Her heart stopped, there in-front of her was the man that had taken her baby brother five years ago.

The man that had haunted every single one of her dreams since that night.

It was him, the Goblin King.