Chapter Two

The Goblin King was relaxing upon his throne. Tapping his riding crop against his knee. Already having a migraine from the idiotic goblins, that were always in his presence. How, the previous Goblin King dealt with them. He would never know.

His advisor, Reed, was beside him. Boring the Goblin King about the politics that had been circulating through most of the underground for days now.

How his parents, the High King and Queen of the Underground, were demanding that he, the Goblin King, would take a wife.

His parents even made it a game. Picking upon dozens of royals from Fae court, and having them compete for his affections. It was a trifle matter, really.

That was what was considered Fae politics in the underground. Arranging, arranged marriages for the prophet of powering up ones kingdom to another,
Jareth didn't want to marry though.

He had already fallen in love. He couldn't simply marry another. When one Fae heart falls in love, then even looking at another is impossible. If, ever married a different girl then his intended, then Jareth would literally, cease to exist.

The Goblin King knew that he should tell his parents of this. For, so long his parents had looked down upon marriages between human an Fae,
but who knows maybe Sarah will be different.

Sarah, he thought often of the champion of his labyrinth.

The girl who had made friends with his dear subjects, and uprooted power from beneath him.

She made his Labyrinth look like what Sarah had said, " A piece of cake. "

He thought Sarah would know however, that he had helped her through her adventure in his Labyrinth. How, he had helped her.

He turned the world upside down for her. He had re-arranged time, but how did she ever repay him. By saying he had no power over her.

Jareth, always felt angered, but mostly he felt alone. He had asked her to marry him, before everything went downhill.

The Goblin King knew that age wasn't a definer for marriage between two people. But to her she was fifteen at the time.

Thoughts of saving her baby brother took precedence over a marriage proposal.

He conjured up a crystal. Ignoring, the chaos around him. He could see Sarah, walking along the sidewalk of her university.

Hand in hand with a guy that wasn't him. He clenched his fists and threw the crystal towards the wall. The throne room was quiet for their king was in a "mood", that's what the goblins called it ,whenever they saw their king look at the women that had scorned him.

That's when the throne room had erupted into a single voice.

A voice so familiar that had the king take a step back.

A smirk crept upon his face. It looked like , he was paying young Tobias , for a visit to the above ground.

Maybe, he would finally have Sarah back.

With that the Goblin King disappeared in a ball of glitter.